.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, July 03, 2006

OK...

...I finally got Casey home at close to midnight last night and tucked her in her bed.

In the 5 years that I've known her, I've only had to put her down twice and I've probably successfully transferred her hundreds of times if not thousands. Yesterday, was one of those two times that I failed to get her to the wheelchair. Between me being so not strong and her losing muscle control she couldn't help me and I couldn't get her back up to the level of the chair so I just set her down on the street. I hate when that happens. The guy who drove us helped me get her back in the chair, thank God for him.

Taking her home gave me a second wind...either that or all of a sudden all of the coffee I drank kicked in and I was up until 4 AM. I hate that. I'm gonna go to couch earlier than that tonight.

I don't even know what time it is now. I've got those Gilligan's Island tapes on and dinner is simmering on the burner that works. For some reason, you have to turn it on high to cook slowly. I had put it on low and everything burned so I thought that it only had that setting...burn. But the thing that you turn it on with messed up and it's the opposite.

Do you ever feel as though you are under the control of someone? A full grown adult person who has to bow to someone else in order to make a move. That's ridiculous.

Now, this is the exact reason that you should not see a guy every single night after you first meet him. When you finally want to do something without them, they take it as a personal affront. "Why is this relationship going backwards?" is a question that I've had to answer in the past. Now I see that crap happening again and I'm annoyed. Mostly at myself but I really didn't do any of the stupid stuff that usually gets one's self in trouble, it just happened. All I did was LET it happen.

The Manwich stuff is done now so I have to slop it on a bun. I'll be back after I shove it in my mouth.

OK. That was filling.

I'm watching an interesting thing happening in my family. My father's ex step-daughter is getting married in Greece and at first, everyone was happy about going. Now it seems as though they have all had time to think about it and talk to each other about it and somehow convinced themselves and each other to think that the bride is being unreasonable to expect everyone to go to Greece. Damn. I don't know why everyone is getting upset over it. It's like they have to justify the fact that they don't want to spend the money so they just come up with other reasons not to go. Not all old people are as smart as they seem to be.

Alrighty then, it's after ten and with any luck at all, I'll get more than 8 hours sleep tonight, get up early and have something accomplished before lunchtime. I hate sleeping the day away.

OOOOOK then, see ya!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home