.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Guten tag, Sveiki and Bok...

...to you all. It's one of those days where I woke up early and had an amazing burst of energy so I got a lot of housework done. It doesn't make for terribly exciting blogging, but it does make a body feel good to have so much accomplished so early. There is one downside to doing so much so early in the day...You either keep on working or feel like a lazy buffoon for the rest of the afternoon.

Someone commented earlier that things seem to work out quite well for me and nothing could be further from the truth. I just don't mention the stupid things that seem to happen on an hourly basis because that would mean that I'd have to devote far to much time to negativity than I want to. Talking about Rick and relationships is about all the negativity that I can handle. So, it may seem as though everything is going great for me but that's just because I choose not to deal with most bad shit.

But, there are things that I do to minimize the bad stuff. First of all, I pretty much just ignore most of it like I just said. It's all in your attitude. The next biggie is something that my father told me, "People don't like miserable people. Most people like to be around happy people." I learned that he was right. If you look like you're having a good time, you will naturally attract other happy people to you.

When I go out at night and have a lot of fun, I attract a lot of people so I have to be careful where I enjoy myself. If you have too much fun in a bar, you could end up the subject of a Lifetime movie. So, if I ever go to a bar, I have my "bar demeanor".

My bar demeanor is a pretty tough character. She has fun, but at other people's expense. I call this chick Kelly because I don't want anyone to know who I am or how to testify against me. Seriously, when I go out, I say my name is Kelly. I always have.

Kelly will talk to you, but at a distance. You can't get too close to her, she requires much more "personal space" than I do. She will beat you at pool and take your money. You can't buy her a drink (even when Meg IS drinking) because she doesn't want anyone to think that they can take her home, or anywhere else for that matter. But, Kelly isn't trying to win friends and influence people, she's just having fun.

Everywhere else in life, I just smile and act like I'm a really nice person. It doesn't pay much monetarily speaking, but people seem to like it. They also like when you're honest with them. There's something appealing about honesty and if you are as honest as I am, it can be very intriguing. At least that's what I've been told.

People aren't used to meeting people as up front and honest as I am. Ordinarily, it challenges them to act the same way in return. They open up and in ten minutes they always seem to say, "I can't believe I'm telling you this, I've never told anyone else before." I can't tell you how many times I've heard that.

Basically, I just be myself and part of me is that I avoid negativity. It drives some people insane because they would truly prefer to bicker or to engage in some silly squabble of some sort and I never bother with them. My ex husband's wife is a perfect example. She's done everything she can do to try to get me to engage her in her ridiculous antics. From speaking ill of me in front of my kids to creating a blog in my son's name, she has spent unknown hours on negativity towards me but I have ignored her every step of the way. Surely someone like her inspired the famous, "Living well is the best revenge." It drives her insane and I don't have to do a thing except learn from her how miserable life is if you deal with negativity all the time.

So, things don't really go all that well for me at all. But, I prefer to ignore the bad stuff and concentrate on the good stuff. Now, there are times when I can't help myself and this blog is a direct result of one of those times. But, when it comes to my life other than that which deals with Rick, I'm a pretty sweet girl:):):)

I have to answer some of the ads for the roommate. I'm going to copy and paste a few up here now...BRB.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home