.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, August 28, 2006

This guy thinks...

...that he can beat ME at Trivial Pursuit and he offers the following as a challenging question:

Okay...everyone knows Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon, along with Buzz Aldrin as his partner, but who was the 3rd team member that didn't walk, but stayed up in the command module?
Yeah...'Right you'd win...
Mark...patiently waiting


So, I responded to him with this:

Oh, help me Rhonda.
Michael Collins waited patiently up in the command module. Now, HERE'Sa trivia question:
On which daytime soap opera did Collin's daughter play Natalie?
Meg


Years ago, I watched All My Children and there was a character named Natalie. Her father commanded the module from which Neal and Buzz went to the lunar surface. Obviously this guy doesn't know who he's dealing with.

And here's one froma guy who wants to negotiate:

I would like to see the place and talk to you. I would definetly be willing to help you with things around the house no problem. I actually wouldn't require you to do anything for me but it seems as if you enjoy cooking and I definetly wouldn't pass up a good meal. Well just get back to me with an estimate of what you think the rent would be given me doing nothing around the house and an estimate of what rent would be with me doing stuff around the house. Thanks!

Now, the extensive ad was a good idea. I had gotten some lame responses to the more traditional ads that I had posted in the past. One guy wanted to know when he could move in before he knew if I was a man or woman, goat or criminal. That could never be good. Then there was the guy with whom I spoke for a while. We discussed some of the chores that he would be doing and somehow he got the impression that I didn't expect any rent at all. I guess he thought that he would be my Mr. French or something like that.

My privacy is too important to give away easily. And...God forbid I should get the wrong guy. I did that once as well. I'm still paying for that bonehead move. So, I think this is much better. At least I'm sure that the men are literate and at the very least not total morons.

OK then, back to housework I go. The very LAST load of laundry is in the dryer waiting to be folded. No one can take off any clothes until it's dark out. I want to be able to say that the laundry is done for more than 5 minutes.

See ya soon!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home