.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I can't find my license...

...to save my life. In an attempt to find the stupid thing, I've cleaned out all of my kitchen cabinets and half of the drawers in my dresser. I've gone through the drawers in my desk and behind my washer. I've been dumping out drawers and cabinets to go through every single thing in them. I'm sweating like a pig and I'm about to take a handful of Xanax.

I have this stupid habit of sticking things in a "safe place" and then I never see them again. I'm sure that my license is safe, but I would like to have it in my hand. I know that's it's in the house, but I can't find any sign of the stupid little thing.

I've been thinking about it for over a week now. I knew it was somewhere and I figured it would show up at some point. So, now I need it and I've been up half the morning searching every place that I can't think to search. I really started keeping an eye out for it late last week and by the weekend, I was pretty much going out of my way to look for it. Now, my searching has built up to a crescendo and I'm frantically searching the house trying to find that bastard.

My hands are dried and icky from going through a bunch of old, dusty crap and I can't stand that feeling. I need to get some lotion on my hands and cool off a bit. Then, back to searching. The Holy Grail would be easier to find then this license.

Damn...I sure can hide stuff well if I want to. I have found a few other things that I tucked "safely" away and I'm a tad annoyed at some of the stuff. I found two checks for about $150 bucks that I hid from myself during my "Betrayed Wife Sale"...the time that I sold most of Rick's stuff...cheaply. I can't cash those checks over 2 years later and I'll never get that money back. I found my lease that I haven't seen since I signed the document ten years ago. I found a bunch of Rick's stuff, pictures of us that I stuck out of my face long ago and a bunch of stuff that Rick probably forgot about...I know that I forgot about it all. He might want some of that stuff back so I'll keep it. I have this feeling that even if it's for a funeral, he will eventually come and get this stuff.

I've found articles that I wrote and had published years ago and newspaper clippings about different things...one of them was an article with a picture of Rick's friend that he would want. I can't seem to find a winning lottery ticket or anything really good...but I have found things that I never even realized I had. I guess I tucked them away and never looked for them again.

But now, I have to find my damn license. OK, I guess my sweat has evaporated. They called to say that my cook top was in so I need to go pick that up and try to install it. Maybe I'll call my Chemistry dude. I sure could use some chemistry about now.

He made it quite clear that he was never more than a phone call away so I'm going to make a phone call...after I find my stupid license.

Meg

UPDATE: I've gone through my hope chest which, rather than hope, is full of important papers. I've gotten halfway through it and I am stunned at how many important papers one person can accumulate. Hell, I don't own anything excpept a car that won't run. I was able to throw away a bunch of stuff out of thr drawers and cabinets but the hope chest is chock full of importnat papers and I'm going through all of them. That damn thing is so lost.

I need to accuse someone of stealing it before I find it...if experience proves true. Either that or I need to pay the 25 bucks to send away for a new one. I haven't decided yet...it's cheaper to accuse someone of stealing it and I wouldn't have to wait for the new one to come in the mail. Now...who should I accuse of stealing my license? I'll have to think about that one for a while.

Meg

NEW UPDATE: I FOUND IT!!!! It was in a dresser drawer under my long john's. Damn, now I have to put a bunch of crap back in the hope chest and a bunch of boxes back in the places that I had them stored. Wow...this morning has truly SUCKED! But, it's now over. All I have to do now is go take a drug test and I'll be golden. Whew.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home