.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Now it's 8...

...and I'm awake again. I slept on and off all weekend so I didn't have to feel my back hurt or wallow in my misery and the whole time I was feezing. Well, I just figured out why I was freezing...my son turned the thermostat down to 66. He came by Friday and apparently my house was too warm for him so he just decided to make himself comfy. It never ocurred to me that he would do that because this is MY house. So, the little nerd messed me up. I can't believe it took me 3 days to figure that out.

I had a cold so I thought I just had a fever. I actually took medicine for the chills when all I ever had to do was turn the stupid heat on. Aren't kids grand? I think I'm going to wait until he comes back and turn it up to 90 and put one of those institutional lock boxes on the damn thermostat and watch him sweat.

I got him back...I felt too badly to wash the load of laundry that he left here for me so when he shows up to pick it up tonight, I'll just tell him I was too cold to get out from under the blankets. Yeah...that's what I'm gonna do. Weasel.

OK, it's no longer the weekend so I can't justify lying around anymore which means I have to get my ass in gear and get some things done today. Not laundry, that's for sure.

I'm looking forward to watching the Bears tonight, I rarely get to see them play here in Gogia. But, Monday night games freak me out because it was a Monday night that the Bears lost their only game in 85...to Miami. I was so, so sad that night. I spent the 4th quarter on my knees in front of the TV saying, "You're the Bears! You're the best team in the NFL! You can't lose!" But, alas...they did. So, Monday night Bears games when they are on a winning streak make me a bit nervous. Oh well, I doubt that one incident that happened over 20 years ago makes a habit so I won't worry too much.

I felt so bad all weekend that all I ate was a banana and a popsicle. The Marinol didn't do a thing to give me an appetite. Damn...if I could drive, I would go to the Marietta Diner and have a gyro for breakfast. But, in a few weeks and a thousand dollars, I should be on the rode again so look out. It'll be so nice to have a clear license that I won't even mind speeding a bit. After this past year and a half, a speeding ticket is nothing. I've had a ton of those and they don't bother me at all.

When I got caught speeding on a suspended license last year, the computer was down and the cop didn't know that my license was suspended so I lucked out that day. I just played stupid and as usual, when a woman plays stupid with a man, they buy it. "Oh, she's just a silly female, how could she possibly know whether her license is good or not?" I had an old one in my purse but it was expired and since the computers were down, it was enough for him.

Well, I guess I'll just clean the mess that I ignored all weekend so I can watch the game in a nice clean house. And as I do it, I'm going to sing the Super Bowl Shuffle. That will be sort of stupid because all of the lines have a player from 85 in it...remember that? "They call me Sackman, I'm your man Dent...if your quarterback's there, he's gonna get bent." And then there was, "They call me Sweetness and I like to dance, running the ball is like making romance." Damn, that was a fun season to be living in Chicago. And to top it all off, I got to date one of the quarterbacks for a while...until this STUPUD FEMALE went back to Rick. Oh lord, save me from myself.

Well, I'm going to go suck coffee until I feel like starting my cleaning so I'll be back when I get at least half of the housework done.

See ya later!

Meg

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop by quickly to say hi. I have not been doing much blog reading lately, so I will have to catch up on your posts!!
~I'll stop back soon to do so!!

October 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I just had to share the god news with someone, and so I thought Id share it with the whole world (or at least the world that reads this blog)...this Radio Dial Man is officially off the market. I was tagged by the Radio Dial Woman, aand my philosphy does hold true....women do pick their men, men never pick their woman. Have a great night all..go bears!

October 16, 2006  
Blogger JQ75 said...

You screwed up your circadian rhythm, I’ve done long shifts & off shifts, it can take days to recover (especially at our age). The body regulates sleep with melatonin. Taking this supplement an hour before the correct bed time can recalibrate your body clock, or if you don’t like pills, warm milk, quiet activity. Get back to your regular sleep pattern & you’ll feel better.

The next really big snow up here, you want me to mail you some?

Get that kid of yours to track down your gas & electric appliances. Want a better trick, put some Vaseline near (not in) your thermostat and listen for his yell when he brushes across it.

And you owe me an answer to an email. And let me know if that link worked for you (kinda bandwidth intensive).

Keep your spirits up…

October 16, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Well, the Bears win and Radio Dial Man gets hitched...sounds like the beginning of a great relationship/football season!

Congrats dude! And congrat the dudette for me!

Meg

October 16, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

JQ,

You're right, the circadian rhytym was a tad ascew. But I woke up at 6 today and if I can stay awake all day, I should be getting back to normal soon. And that game last night didn't hurt my spirits one bit...my throats a bit sore and my heart needed a jolt once or twice there....but I am one happy female today!


Meg

October 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home