.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

OK...

...let me see if I can do this AGAIN without crashing the damn computer. Oh, an aside, I was just wondering why people leave the U out of FUCK. Is U a dirty letter? They replace it with a * but I like to use the U.

Anyway, I had come here to tell you the story that I promised about Rude Dude. He had to know he would see himself up here in one form or another...I've alluded to the INCIDENT in the blog before...but now I thought that you should know the REST of the story...so this is it.

One night we were sitting at his computer choosing songs from his extensive collection of music. He is an ex disc jockey and a computer nerd so he has TONS of GREAT music on a really cool computer. He even had some old reel to reels from DJ's from the 70's. It was really cool. I got to hear stuff by John "Records" Landecker...one of the most famous DJ's in Chicago in the 60's and 70's...on AM yet. But, that's all we poor old folk had so we made do.

We were sitting in separate chairs, but right next to each other. Our shoulders would touch easily. We sat there and chose music and chatted. It was not our first time together, there was the "Excellent Fuck" incident of the other post regarding Rude Dude. So, chances were pretty good that we might end up in the bedroom again. Or so I thought...

Now, he and I had a lot in common. We had both recently been suddenly dumped by long time marital partners for no comprehensible reason. But, there was one huge difference between the two of us...he talked about his ex.

ALL the time.

I didn't mind letting him vent....hell it was nice to have someone TALK TO ME. And he did. Rick never talked but I finally figured out that was because he never thought. I used to think he was deep and mysterious but now I see that there just wasn't anything up there. At least he had the good sense to shut up.

When Rick answered, "Nothing." to the question, "Honey...whatcha thinkin'?", he meant it. He was really really thinking about nothing. I tried it once. I made it for a brief second but it scared the hell out of me. I was afraid that it would stop and never start back up again. Rick certainly couldn't have given me a jump. I'd have been screwed.

So, this guys is talking about his wife and I decided to take his mind off of his problems. I repaired to the rest room, secret little bag in hand...and slipped into my new negligee. It was lovely and sexy and it flattered me nicely.

I walked back into the living room and sat down next to him. By the time I walked all the way into the living room, he was talking again and still looking at the computer. I listened to him continue to whine about his ex...for over a half an hour. The man never once noticed that I had changed out of my WINTER clothing and into a slinky little number that says "Do me now!"

I was perplexed.

Eventually I just went back into the bathroom and changed back into my clothes. He was, oh, so apologetic went I pointed out the fact that I had just spent a half an hour trying to seduce a man who wouldn't stop talking about his ex long enough to notice a half naked woman right next to him. He had it bad.

Oh well. What can ya do? These things happen.

There was something else that I was gonna say but I forgot. I'll remember it and then I'll come right back. If I never remember, I'll still come right back and tell you that I couldn't remember what I wanted to say.

OK?

Meg

9 Comments:

Blogger TexasGal said...

Hi! I just stumbled across your blog from a link on another site. Enjoyed what I've read so far...unfortuantely I have to get back to work so I'll have to stop back by later. Thanks for the amusing break.

October 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Big Sis
I lost your phone #.E-mail it to me.
No I am not dissing the 85 BEARS...........Just quoting the talk.
Love Rie

October 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not exactly how it went down, but I'll grant you the license... hey, there I was, trying to build a deeper bond by showing you these pics from my past - and you were just interested in dirty old sex !

Things are better now, the ghosts have gone away for the most part, and sometimes you just have to accept and move on. Always enjoy your writing, glad the ordeal is almost over... really sorry to hear about the new medical challenge, but terrific news one the new job !!!


best wishes kiddo.

October 18, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

OK Rude...what was wrong about my telling of the INCIDENT? Did I not sit next to you in a sexy nighty for a half hour and fail to catch your attention? You have free license to tell your side of the story in the comment section. As a matter of fact, I'd be interested to see your version of the evening. How do you remember it? I'm sure that we would ALL love to hear it...wouldn't we folks?


Meg

PS Thanks, I hope things are going well for you, too. Have a good evening!

October 19, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

For some unknown reason, I keep accidentally zapping at least one comment. The other day it was Solaris girl...today...Laureal:

Meg,

I'm sure Rick the Dick eventually realized what a terrific person he lost when he lost you...they all do, but the realization usually comes just a little too late.

Congrats on the job! I'll be keeping you in my prayers regarding the other...

--
Posted by Laureal to Divorcing Rick at 10/18/2006 02:12:51 PM


Yes, Rick did realize it at some point. I know him well enough to know that. And as sure as the sky is blue, he would never, ever...under any circumstances have the audacious cajones to come out and tell me that he still cared and wanted me back. He's put himself into a position where he can't ever come to me and profess his remorse and his love for me. Well, he could...but like I said, he doesn't have the balls.

But...the weiner that he is...has a way of getting around the manly way of doing things. Rick has his own, predictable style.

He wouldn't come out and ask to see me, he would create a situation where we would acidentally bump into each other.

He's the type who signs e-mails with a "Love ya". He leaves me all sorts of opening and I see it for what it's worth. Bupkus.

And Karma WILL kick him in the ass...because he has proven that he can't seem to honor this particular part of the vow (amongst many for which he failed to honor)..."til death do us part".

Whatever.

October 19, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Hey Lil Sis...


I'm in the book. I live in Marietta.

Big Sister

October 19, 2006  
Blogger JQ75 said...

Now Meg, we're friends & all, so don't take this the wrong way...

But what's a nice southern belle like yourself doing violating the rule of "kiss and tell".

I mean even we northerners have the decorum to keep that confidence.

LOL - still pullin on those invisible legs...

October 19, 2006  
Blogger John Holland said...

I found your site a few days ago and have enjoyed reading it, hope you don't mind another person on here commenting.

You like in Marietta? I used to live in Kennesaw, right down the road from the mountain. Marrietta was the next "big" town. I still have friends that live out that way that I used to visit every year, but have missed the last few.

Have a good day.

October 19, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

jq, I believe that's a Southern dude rule...didn't you see Gone With the Wind? We women talk about you guys ALL THE TIME! You're all just so exciting!!!!

John, nice to meet you...keep on coming back...it works if you work it!

Meg

October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home