.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

I am so annoyed...

...I was just writing for a very long time and the computer went blank. I could scream. But that happens every so often. I need a new computer badly.

Let's see, what the hell was I saying? A bunch of stuff about the idiots that SPAM the blog and how they bug the hell out of me. I think I mentioned that that I got nothing but a bunch of email from anything that I've ever tried to do online. And, people wanting MY money, not giving some to me. I discussed how I doubted that you could get rich or even make money online, unless you wanted to be a prick of some sort. Of course, there are some honorable people out there, but they don't advertise on innocent blogs.

From there I went to gambling and how I'd rather take my chances at the race track because the odds are better. They don't usually have more than 10 horses so there ya go. And, you can have a nice dinner while you're betting so the evening isn't a total waste. In the Club House you can order a bottle of champaigne if you win.

It was about then that I realized that I could drink again, what with being off of probation and all. I don't drink so it took me this long to realize that. I really, really don't drink, that wasn't just something that I said for the probation officer. I can say whatever I want to say now and it wouldn't matter, I'm done with all of that. But...I really don't drink. I suppose that a champaigne toast would be good, I like champaigne. But I can't stand the taste of liquor and I don't like the way it makes me feel.

I admit that once in a blue moon I might decide to go totally crazy and down a few drinks for some off the wall reason, but that happens so rarely that I don't count it. I did have some champaigne when the divorce became final...I think that was the last time. I would LIKE to have an occasion to drink, but if I did have more than 2 or 3 (the minimum it would take to get that buzz), I would have a hangover and I'd be mad at myself when I had to stay in bed the next day...and I would.

If I go away this weekend, as I'm planning to do, I might just try it. I'm looking at places up in Helen, Georgia. It's way up in the North Georgia mountains and I could get a cabin up there someplace and watch Friday the 13th all by myself. Yeah, or Deliverance, that's it.

I'm also seriously considering getting a new computer. But, I'm pretty cheap so I don't know about that...I may just look for a used one online. I want to get one of those that I could take with me and sit in my lap. I don't know what they call them, but you know what I mean.

Now, I'm going to publish this part of the post before I lose what I've written. I'll be right back with the rest of it.

OMG! It happened again! I just about had the post done and I got booted! OK, I don't even remember everything I wrote but I was telling you about my daughter. I didn't want to say anything while she was still hurting, but she's doing better now so I can tell you. You may or may not remember or even know it but she moved out to LA for a guy a few months ago. They broke up and she had to find a new place overnight. I've sent her the alimony because I knew that I was getting paid and she helped me so much when I needed help so I owe her big time.

Anyway, as much as I want her to come here, she has such a great job that I really think she should stay there for at least a year. She works for the Beverly Hilton as the administrative assistant to Chef Suki or something like that. She works with famous people all the time and will have something to do with the planning of the Golden Globe dinner. I'm so proud of her, can you imagine the caliber of people that she beat out for that job? She was only in town for a couple of weeks and she had the job. A year of that on her resume and she could work wherever she wanted to...anyplace in the world. So, it's a great opportunity that she may never have again.

I'm annoyed at the guy for treating her like he did, but I'm so glad that she's bounced back like she has and is already back to being happy and having a good time. She's such a special woman and I can't believe that I raised her. She's smart, funny and sweet. And...she's beautiful. On top of all that, she is single and independent. I like that in a daughter.

Well, I have to go to bed now. I've already written twice as much as you will be able to read so I better go while I still can.

See ya,

Meg

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure how serious you are about getting a laptop, but there are some really good deals on Black Friday (the day after thanksgiving)...you have to be willing to get up early but I bet you could find a good one...just stay away from worst (best) buy....they suck.

Here's a place that lists the sales for you... http://bfads.net

November 16, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

John,

As soon as I see a great price on one, I WILL buy it. Now...what IS a good price on one?

Thank you for taking the time to tell me that!

Meg

November 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look like good deals..
http://bfads.net/features/laptop/price/all/0/500

Two decent deals...

$399 with no rebate from Staples

$299 with a $100 rebate from circuit city..this one has a dvd burner..which I would prefer, and an intel processor.

There you go :-)

November 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg - I just gave my old one away.....:-(

Also, check out JR's online catalog for "reconditioned" (i.e. used) laptops. They run between 400-500 dollars.

And Compaq is having a sale through Best Buy this weekend on laptops for $599 with a rebate.

November 17, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I thought that I would spend no more than $500, I don't need all the bells and whistle's...just a word processor and internet access. If I saw a new one for 300, I would grab it. I can't seem to spend any money on anything because I am working so much. Today was the first day that I even wrote a check for anything but the rent. I've had checks for a few weeks and I haven't gone shopping yet. But...I'm sure I'll fix that soon.

See ya!

Meg

November 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home