.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Good morning!

Time surely does fly, doesn't it? Pretty soon, it will be 2 years since the morning that I sat down at my desk and wrote the first post on this blog. A lot sure has happened since then, hasn't it? I've run the gamet of emothions and although I haven't yet figured out where I'm going with my life, I have settled down into a life of my own and I like it. I have a few things that I'd like to change, I'd like to move out of this house for one. I just don't like moving when I had a man to do the hard stuff...I certainly won't enjoy doing it alone. But, I have to do it sometime.

I also would like to have another job in a couple of other states. I may look into traveling nurse companies...I've always wanted to do that. My love life is just how I want it...on hold. I don't mind having a few guys that I can call if I want to have a bit of fun...but I don't want one who would try to stop me from doing whatever I want to do. Maybe one will come along who would change my mind...but until that happens, I've learned that too many of them like to control me and that can't be.

When Rick first left, I sat around here for a while crying and wringing my hands...that was stupid but I guess I had to go through that on my way to where I need to be. Then, I started getting angry. When I did, I began this blog. This was my very first post:

There were many signs that my husband was cheating on me again but when he started brushing his teeth on a daily basis, I knew something was up. This bald man with no self esteem has never been able to tell a woman "No." Having seen some of his mistresses, I can't imagine what he would refuse. It is amazing how many women would want a man that would cheat on his wife. But if Elvis impersonators can get laid, I guess a bald man with a twisted penis can get lucky. His penis is not only twisted, the head is smaller than the shaft. It looks kind of like a pencil with a worn out eraser. They say that baldness is caused by increased levels of testosterone so I guess that explains this man's voracious appetite for sex. I once found him masturbating to an adult movie on a channel that we didn't get. He was getting off to the slanted, half silent, half moaning reception of some sex channel. Usually, I would find a man with such a sex drive appealing but I prefer quality over quantity. I once glanced at the alarm clock as I climbed into bed. It was 11:00. Rick then began to get "frisky". Foreplay, the act itself, the climax and the first snore all by 11:08. I swear on my children's life. I couldn't believe it. He had never taken so much time in his life. Now he is someone else's problem. I can't help but relish in the thought that one day, Rick will stop all this tooth-brushing and turn into his regular self for her. She will get to wonder how this man who used to brush his teeth can't seem to keep a pair of underwear free of skid marks for 12 hours. I have spoken to other men about this and it even grosses them out. When you gross out another man, you are, well, gross. I wish I could say he will challenge her with his mind but up until I pointed out his mistake, he was calling Pensacola "Pepsi-Cola" and Philadelphia "Philadelthia". At first I thought he was a quiet, mysterious man. I slowly realized that he was just a moron who had nothing to say. Perhaps she thinks she has latched on to a man who will pay her bills. She may think he has a good job and compared to other men who date trailer dwelling bimbos, I bet he does. But, this is the exact same job, title and position he had when I met him 23 years ago. I don't see him becoming CEO anytime soon. He did start working out again for his mid-life crisis so I guess his body will be something. Except of course, for the misshapen penis thing.

After I wrote that, I started dating a few guys here and there and then, when the divorce was finally finalized, I really went at it. I dated men of all shapes and sizes, all ages, from their 20's to 50's. It was fun and I learned quite a bit about them. They all have their own pro's and cons but I think that I've decided that I'd like to have one a bit older than myself when I do decide to settle down with one of them. I may change my mind, but I sort of doubt it.

None of the guys on my list are older than me, I've always attracted younger men, I don't know why but I have. So, none of them are really keepers, but damn, they sure have their good points. What I'd really like is to find some female friends to hang out with...I'd really like that. But for some reason, I find it easier to find men than women to hang out with. Oh well.

I don't have to go back to work until tomorrow night so today I'm going to do something fun. I haven't decided what it'll be just yet, but I absolutely WILL do something fun even if I have to force myself to do it. I have a few stupid errands to run today and then I'm going to come up with something fun to do tonight. I don't know when I'll pop back in here but when I do, I should have an intertesting story to tell you about what I've done that was so fun.

Now I'm going to shower, get dressed and go run my errands. Then, I'm going to go out and look for some fun.

See ya!

Meg

4 Comments:

Blogger Determined said...

Hello Meg,
I remember when I read this post, I found it so hilarious! But later I thought, "you know, she must have really loved him because otherwise, she wouldn't feel hurt enough to talk that way about him".
Based on my experience, people only get angry like you did when they are seriously hurt.

My ex husband also has his big shares of imperfections, i.e., a set of nasty looking size 12 feet, horrendous credit, and the list can go on. Yet, I loved him despite his imperfections.

What makes us love them - imperfections and all?

Just the other day, a gorgeous lawyer who's getting his MBA asked me out on a date, but I was not interested. You should have seen this guy - he was a typical total package -someone who every mom wants their daughter to marry. Yet, isn't it funny that I'd much rather have the guy with the set of nasty feet and horrible credit? (Even though I find that these feelings are getting less and less as the days go by)

January 08, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

OMG...yes! I absolutely did love him, and he knew it. I adored that man and I made him my entire life...to the exclusion of things that should have been much more important. It taught me quite a bit, that's for sure. I will never, ever allow myself to be so in love with a person again. I will never be hurt like that again. Of that I am sure. As a matter of fact, I doubt that I'll ever be hurt by any man again. I wouldn't let myself get so involved, it just will not happen. I like that, as sad as it may sound. I don't know what makes us love people like that...just love I guess. It can't be explained. But I am positive that I won't ever give my heart away like I did with Rick. I don't want to, I wouldn't have any reason to. I'm not looking for that type of relationship. I'd like to have a companion someday, but no more. I would make a man happy in so many ways...but the one way thing that I will not do is set myself up to be hurt again. Nothing good could possibly come out of me giving my love away like I did with Rick. I was so very sure that we would be together for life. My biggest fear was the day that one of us would bury the other. Now, my biggest fear is that I would ever let that happen again. It won't. I promise...myself.

Meg

January 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and found it very interesting. I just wanted to let you know that I have added you to my blogroll and I would sincerely appreciate being added to yours. You can view my blog Your Child - Your Divorce at http://www.yourchildyourdivorce.com/. Do you think that would be possible?

Thank you in advance!

Chaya Harash, MSW

January 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes lots of anger in this post. My current partner has cheated, and I too wondered at the number of young intelligent women who are prepared to drive and collect a bald fat financial controller. Give head without any hope of receiving, shag, then be quite happy for him to leave and go home to his wife. I'm amazed.

February 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home