.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Good morning!

Or, is it afternoon? Well, it's morning to me because I didn't go to sleep until 4 AM. My nurse friend and I went to Chops, that restaurant that I ADORE...and he loved it, too. He said he's lived here for 10 years and hadn't ever heard of it before.

We had a great time, the food was wonderful as always and the conversation was fantastic. Of course, I rarely have anyone to speak to so when I do, I love it when it's someone who's as bright and funny as he is. After dinner, we actually took a drive to Tennessee! We didn't set out to leave the state at all, we just did. Over dinner we were both talking about how much we like to drive and we decided to just do it. So, when we left the restaurant, we headed north on 75 like we were going to my house and we just kept driving and chatting. We were having such a nice time that we didn't realize how far we'd gone until we saw a sign that said, "Welcome to Tennessee"!

At that point, we figured that we should probably head back south a bit and we did. During the ride back, the topic of his house came up and I asked him about the landscaping. So, he decided to show me his house so we stopped off there for a while and he showed me his basement which he finished himself and he did a great job! I was quite impressed. I was even more impressed that he didn't show me his bedroom. That showed me that he wasn't expecting a piece of ass which made me feel much better.

We also got on the topic of age...a subject neither of us had broached in the past. Well, I am older than he is, much more so than I had hoped. The age "issue" didn't bother him, but it does make me feel a bit bad. It's not so much his age that bothers me but it's the fact that he's never had any kids. I would never want to get serious with a man who hasn't had kids because I wouldn't want to be the reason that he never had any. I know that I could adopt, but I don't even want to raise another kid at my age. So, that makes up my mind so far as how serious this relationship would ever get. I guess we're just gonna have fun for now and see what happens.

I was also thinking that it probably wouldn't be a great idea to date anyone at work even though we both decided not to tell anyone. It's just not a good idea in general. It was Rick's pick up place. I don't think he's ever met a co-worker that he wouldn't fuck. When I would be worried about him cheating, he would say, "The only place I've been is work!" Rick saying that would be like any other guy saying, "I've just been hanging out in pick-up joints!" He has dated some bimbo from every job he's had as long as I've known him. No one ever told him what a bad idea that was.

Anyway, when we left my date's house, we ended up at the Marietta Diner...eating again! We were both hungry so we stopped and split a gyro snadwich, one of my favorite meals ever. Then, he took me home and it was 4:30. I went to lie down on the couch and started watching TV and before I fell asleep, my son woke up and said he was going to pick up the kids. The mother is a mailman and I guess she leaves the house very early. I don't know who get's their mail that early in the morning, surely not I!

Anyway, my grandkids are here and they were taking a nap but when I got about halfway done with this post, they both walked into the kitchen and said, "Hi Grandma! We're up!" So, I have to go and be happy that they're up. Before they took their nap, my granddaughter and I hid (she loves to hide) in a closet and waited. No one was looking for us so we were in there for a long time before my son decided to look for his daughter. It was so hot under all of those close, I thought he would never look for us, let alone find us!

But he did and now they've taken their nap so Grandma gets to have some fun now. I think I'll take my granddaughter and see if she wants to help me cook. Little girls love that...until they get to about 11, so you have to take advantage of them while thet're still young enough to think washing dishes is fun.

Oh, earlier, my granddaughter asked me why I am so nice to her and why do I give here whatever she wants. I said, "Because I LOVE YOU!" She said, "My mommy keeps saying no to me so she doesn't love me." I had to tell her that mommys are supposed to say "No!" BECAUSE they love you but grandmas can give you whatever you want and say "Yes!" because we love them so much and we already said "No!"...to her daddy! My grandmother taught me how to spoil the grandkids well. I miss her so much. Grandmothers are great, aren't they?

I didn't know the kids would be here this weekend and I had planned on writing all weekend. Now I'll have to wait for them to fall asleep for the night and then I'll peck away at these keys until I come up with something really good!

See ya after my grandkids wear me out!

Meg

2 Comments:

Blogger Lara Croft said...

I too have had that thought occur to me also, the bit about dating a younger man who has never had kids. For the exact same reasons as you posted about..

February 24, 2007  
Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said...

Hey there!

I'm curious about your comment on not having a serious relationship with younger men.

Have you ever asked these younger men if they even want kids? You could be missing out on the ultimate life partner because you think they are going to regret not having kids if they have a relationship with you.

Some people really don't want to have their own kids. They might like kids, they just have their own personal reasons why they do not feel they should raise kids themselves. Some think that our world is so screwed up that it's cruel to bring a child into it. Or maybe they just don't think being a parent is for them.

Like I said - I'm just curious really, if you made a mutual decision or if you were trying to save them from missing out on something that they might not even want. I'd hate to see you miss out on a great thing when you don't have to. You deserve to be happy.

:)

February 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home