.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Meg...

"...In fact, I'm not afraid of life itself - just like you told me, "life is not always good, you have your good and your bad, and your good and your bad..."And you're damned right! Let me take life as it's handed to me, I can do it..."


Yeah, that's something I figured out relatively early in life. Things go horribly wrong and sooner or later, you get past the bullshit. Life is sweet for a week or two then something new and improved comes along to smack you in the face. That, too, will disappear only to be replaced by another disaster. We pretty much live our lives from one disaster to another and then we die. That's not meant to sound defeatist, it's just the way it is. It's how you handle these uproars in your life that make a difference.

When I was a kid, my mother hung a plaque made by her mother made that had the Serenity Prayer on it. I read it a thousand times as a kid before I understood it. It's truly a good thing to remember when you go out and face the world every day of your life.

I meet people, mostly Type A personalities, who are constantly worrying about something. I can't stand to be around them. They worry about bills that need to be paid, they worry about their jobs or their housework...anything that they think needs tending. If there's something that you can do to fix your concern, by all means, fix it. If there just isn't a damn thing that you can do, fuck it. To do more and to worry often is so non-productive. You could accomplish a college degree with all of the worry you put into things that you couldn't possibly change.

Life is a challenge, that's all. Sometimes it's more challenging than others, but it's rarely easy. A deep breathe and a good book will cure many an ulcer if you let them. I guess since I've always worked with dying people, old people or just plain sick folk, I see how bad life could be so the stupid stuff isn't so hard to deal with. If you have your health, you truly have everything because as long as you're healthy, you can always start over and stalk your goals like a madman. Anything you want is yours...if you want it badly enough.

"...Meg, I am so sorry that you have to go through this, believe me, it is not my intention to see you get cursed/yelled at and falsely accused..."

That's exactly the stupid stuff to which I was referring. I left home when I was 18 and ever since then I've been married to 3 men who cheated on me, a couple of rather abusive bastards and I've suffered a few serious illnesses. I've had brain surgery (talk about a headache!) and I was given a 50-50 shot at survival twice. I've buried 2 of the most important people in my life, one of them being my mother. Do you really think that this crap is even a blip on my radar?

When I was raising the kids alone and going to college, people asked me how I did that. My answer was, "I just put the blinders on and do what has to be done." It worked when I was 23 and it works now. Of course, sometimes I have to remind myself of these things, but for the most part, I'm pretty thick skinned.

So, don't worry about her bugging me, I surely don't. I told you that my father is an attorney and he tells me what to do to protect myself in any situation that I happen to be facing. I do what he says and then I watch Jeopardy.

Although I wouldn't do this at night, yesterday when I got home from work, I laid down on my couch and fell asleep immediately. I didn't expect to fall asleep that quickly so I didn't shut the front door. I slept for 7 hours on my couch, in my living room, with the door wide open and the phone 20 feet away from me. No one would get past my dog so I know that I was safe, but I put so much of my bullshit in the hands of someone else so that I don't worry too much.

And, I don't wish anyone harm, I don't have to. I don't have to retaliate because I know personally that karma is a bitch and life is as much of a bitch if not more so. It's not just me, no one is immune to the ups and downs of life. So, when you worry that some nit wit is getting the best of you...forget about it. Life will be as "challenging" to them as it has been to you.

"...It's more than a game for her. You, Sol, and whoever else need to cut her off..."

I've taken steps to protect myself, it would be counter-productive to blog about them. But trust me, I'm good here. JQ is right, this isn't a game for the nut. She is totally obsessed with everything Solaris. There's only 1 possible reason, that behavior is better than her other option. She either lives her life happily and gets her fulfillment from that or she does this insane crap. She had a choice to make and she weighed her options. This was the best she could come up with. So, obviously, her life is not good enough to provide her the satisfaction that she needs so she's come up with this twisted game. She seems to want something that Solaris has...maybe it's a marriage license, maybe it's just decency. But she certainly doesn't have enough to do with her own life so she seeks to fill in those gaps with nasty, mean and psycho behavior. Does that bug me? Nope. I don't think about it when I'm not on the blog.

You know, I've been hearing a LOT of support for Alec Baldwon lately. That truly makes me feel so optimistic about father's rights. We seem to have needed a famous person to bring this hideous issue to the forefront (Parental Alientaion Syndrome) and perhaps now the country will hear more about it. I know what Alec did was over the top but I also know how a person can be provoked into doing things they NEVER would have done when they're being treated so unfairly. JQ mentioned a time in court when he made a comment that he thought was descriptive and it was taken as rather threatening. He's a reasonable guy...what could anger him so much? Like we mothers, fathers will do what they can to be with their kids. I don't know what in the world makes a mother think that she has parental rights and feelings while the father has none. If someone tried to keep my kids away from me...I'd be more than upset and I would surely say something that would offend someone. Anyone who thinks they are above Baldwin's behavior just hasn't been pushed enough...yet. So, don't throw too many rocks at him, your next house may be made of glass.

OK, now I have some work to do and then I'll pop back in. My dog seems to miss my other dog. he has taken to spending a LOT of time in his kennel. He's always gone in their to take a nap, but he's never spent so much time in there. I have to get him and take him for a walk to the Battlefield and let him have some fun today. I wish the skies weren't so overcast, but they might clear up this morning. I'll be back in a while.

See ya!

Meg

1 Comments:

Blogger Determined said...

Thanks for that. By the way, I really like your stories and experiences!

April 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home