.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Did you ever…

…try to cancel an order with the phone or cable company? I’ve been trying to cancel an order I placed with BellSouth for internet access but whenever I get through to them, they offer me such a good deal that I order the service. Then, when I call Comcast to let them know that I’m switching over, THEY offer me a better deal.

One company is trying to pay ME money to switch to them…maybe I need to hold an auction. It would be easier than calling them for the latest offer. At this point I’m holding out for a house and nothing less.

I have ZERO sales resistance. I used to order shit and when Rick came home, he would cancel it for me. It was easy enough…but with him gone I have no one to cancel stuff for me so here I sit, in internet limbo because I can’t tell either company, “NO!”

I wish it worked that way at the mall. I wouldn’t mind walking between jewelry stores to get a better price on a nice diamond. But it only seems to work with stuff that really doesn’t matter much. By the time I’m finished I’ll be getting internet access for well under $20 a month. The guy on the phone kept telling me all about their service department. I don’t want to hear about the service department, I don’t want anything to go wrong in the first place.

This is stupid because I’m paying such a small amount and all I want is decent service. I told the guy that I would pay $100 a month not to have to sit here like a jack ass when the page is loading. I spent too much money on this computer to wait for it to do anything. So, even though it doesn’t matter, I can’t seem to shake these guys loose. Would one of you take care of that for me?

I’m off today so I’m going to go shopping. I need some new fish since I have the new aquarium. Who knows what I’ll come home with. I have to go back to Home Depot as well because I need to get the switch plates and duct covers for the purple bedroom. Oh, I have to paint the trim white as well and when my granddaughter comes over this weekend, I’ll take her shopping for pink butterflies.

I need to buy a bed for that room, most likely a bunk bed but I’m gonna make a corner for the boy that will have a hammock hanging from the ceiling so he can be Spiderman in a web. That should make him happy since he has to live in his sister’s purple room.

Well, it’s time for me to suck some more coffee and get ready to run a bunch of errands so I have to go. You guys have a good day and I’ll see ya later!

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guy reads your blog so can't post under my usual name ;)

Any advice for a gal who's got a bad kisser boyfriend???? I have to add that everything else is wonderful!!

July 19, 2007  
Blogger L. said...

Hi Meg....I spent a ridiculous hour last night online trying to pay a bill that was a day late. When I finally got the service people on the phone, I found out that they block you from getting online when a bill is past due.

That makes sense, doesn't it? They want you to pay....but they won't let you have access to your online payment center!

aaargh.

July 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home