.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Meg...

"..I think it is up to every individual to speak out against racism and to defend those attacked by it whenever we have the opportunity.

Yes…it certainly is.

Of course, I mean TRUE racism, not the “new racism” as defined by those who have realized that “racism” is one helluva money making opportunity. The career race baiters are as bad as, if not worse than, true racists. They sicken me by refusing to allow true racism to die. They’re right up there with the KKK when it comes to the promotion of racism.

That being said, those of us old enough to remember real racism know the difference. We know because we appreciate in our hearts that we are not racist…yet we are continually assaulted by the career race baiters who accuse us of the odious transgression called racism. Although it angers me (as it does most people with triple digit IQ’s), I can imagine how people with less sagacity would be angered straight into REAL racism. That benefits jack asses exclusively.

My parents agreed upon very little when we were all kids…but there was one particular issue with which they were both firmly aligned, prejudice. The last time I visited him, my father made a comment that his ex-wife (the one that he is caring for) perceived as racist. She came to me for support in her ridiculous indictment of my father.

That was imprudent of her for more than reason. For example…as I imply in my last post, I stand behind the people that I love. The most important thing that I’ve ever learned is that you only get one family. They are ALWAYS there for you if you need them…that’s what family means. You don't get an unlimited number of family members…when they’re gone, they’re gone.

My mother is gone and that’s the end of that. I’m surely not going to side against my father while I’m still lucky enough to have him around. If I truly disagreed with him, I would tell him in private…not in front of someone who isn’t family. Husbands and wives come and go, parents don't. I would never side against him in front of anyone, certainly not an ex-wife.

Another reason that I wouldn’t have agreed with her is that she’s wrong…my father isn’t racist and what he said wasn’t racist. She may have PERCEIVED it as racist, but I PERCEIVE her as rude. I’m not responsible for how people PERCEIVE what I say…nor is my father. I wouldn’t even try to live my life second guessing perceptions.

Speaking of perceptions…she looses another point here because of one of my own personal perceptions. It just so happens that I perceive her as a racist. (Now that she has Alzheimer’s, I can’t be too rough on her but what I’m about to say happened years ago.) This woman is a staunch liberal…one of those whacked out liberals that won’t allow you to debate, dispute or discuss any issue of weight unless you not only ACCEPT their position…you must also ENDORSE their entire point of view wholeheartedly. She followed all of the basic tenets of the leftists of the lefts including the endorsement of the precept that all professional white men who take money for their talents are racist. It’s a transgression called PWC…Prospering While Caucasion. As she says all of the politically correct things with one side of her mouth…she makes what I perceive to be a racist comment out of the other side.

As we were driving into Chicago for dinner one evening, my father needed to buy gas. It was a pleasant summer evening so the car windows were down. My father pulled off of the expressway onto a road smack dab in the middle of the west side of Chicago. My father’s politically perfect wife quickly said, "Quick everybody…roll up your windows! Bill, lock the doors!”

I was amazed.

My parents were sincerely politically correct and wise enough to instill a “Christian” love for our fellow man in their children. Yet they rarely went to church and they both voted for Nixon...twice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"true racism" or "new racism". I don't know that there can be a differentiation like that.
Racism is racism. Anytime that a person is judged or treated in a different way simply because of their race, that is racism.

July 13, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I used my own words and I guess I didn't explain myself very well. Everyone knows what true racism is. New racism is the type of racism that isn't anything truly racist...it's what occurs when people are accused of racism not because of anything that THEY did, but rather because another person wants to gain something by tossing that word about. Of course racism is racism....but there are also people who cry wolf about racism when none actually occurred.

That's all I meant.

July 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home