.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

I went downtown…

…but the only people that were there were other people like me who were looking for the production company. I guess the rain stopped them from coming…I suppose they’ll set up another shoot so I’ll just wait for an email.

It turned alright because I got a phone call from a guy who has been asking me out for a while. I decided to go out with him this time because I didn’t have anything else to do and I was already all dressed up from my trip downtown.

I won’t be seeing that guy again though…he sort of offended me. Maybe it’s just me but I felt as though he was expecting to get laid. I could have misread him…tell me what you think. At one point I mentioned that my back hurt and he said, “We could go back to my place and I could rub some lotion on your back.” I said, “This isn’t the kind of backache that a massage would help.” He responded, “You never know until you try…I’m pretty good at that.”

He made a bunch of comments like that…just stupid little attempts to get me to go back to his place. Like I said, maybe I took it wrong…who knows. My son was at my place so I just asked him to come over to my house for a while and he did. My son was there so our little visit was necessarily confined to the living room. We watched a movie that I had watched yesterday. I didn’t tell him that…I just suggested that movie and he agreed. I had a couple of drinks so I was tired from them and I had just seen the movie so I was bored. Naturally, I fell asleep. So, after the movie was over he had the good sense to leave. I walked him to the door, accepting his good night kiss as a small price to pay to be able to brush my teeth, wash my face and change into my jammies so that I could flop on my bed.

When I did, he tried to French kiss me. Is it me or is French kissing a tad forward for a very first good night kiss? Don’t women have the right of first encroachment when it comes to tongues and kissing? I always assume that it’s up to me to call time for incursion and anything else, to me…is just plain invasion. So, the man invaded me and my mouthspace.

You know, I almost answered my own questions. It occurred to me that if I liked the guy this wouldn’t be a problem, I’d most likely enjoy the tongue play but if I liked him, I would have been wide awake. So, there’s another reason not to see him but my question, in general, is still the same one…am I misreading him as being a bit too forward or is this acceptable behavior nowadays?

I’ve been out with quite a few guys…once…since Rick left. I just don’t seem to find one that I particularly like and certainly not one that turns me on. Well, there was one guy…but he turned out to be married. Ain’t that a bitch? Anyway, it seems as though every single guy that I go out with expects sex on the first date. I don’t think that sex should even be a consideration on a first date. I went on a first date to see a double-feature once…it was The Stepford Wives and Shampoo. The Stepford Wives was on first and then when Shampoo started, Warren Beatty was naked quite early on. His hairy ass was on the screen in front of me and I was so uncomfortable that we had to get up and leave. I was only 17, a virgin and very uncomfortable with that man ass in front of us. Now men are actually implying, quite candidly, that they would be amenable to sex if I was so inclined.

It happens so predictably that I can’t get over that one thing when it does happen, I’ve already assumed that the guy will, at some point, bring the issue up in one fashion or another. When he inevitably does do that…I’m quite turned off …to an exceedingly compelling degree.

Anyway…is it me? Am I taking this wrong? Is that just the way men act now? I know that my standards are probably far too high because I get annoyed at the smallest things and as I said, I’ve gone out with a LOT of men…once. Once is actually good because most of them are on their best behavior during a first date so you tend to be treated quite well. Of course, you go to nice places and that’s always good. But…as soon as I have to start thinking about offense…the novelty has not only worn off...it’s been decimated.

I’ve actually TOLD guys about how I hate to be hit on during a first date and then these guys do it to me right after I’ve told them how much I hate it. It’s as if they think, “She means all of the peon men…I’m special…of course she wants me.”

One guy actually bordered on sexual assault when I resisted his advances. He actually took my hand and tried to pull it to touch his stiffie as he said, “See what you do to me?” THAT on a first date…after a lovely dinner. I was caught quite off guard. After that bonehead move the guy called me for 2 months straight…and I never once answered the phone when he did call. God only knows what he had in mind for the second date.

Oh well, I’m hungry and I feel like making one of those lovely Sunday brunches. So…I’m gonna do that.

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yecch- I hate smooth, Suavo men!

July 15, 2007  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

whats wendy doing here?

July 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home