.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Every so often...

...I answer an ad for parts in movies or TV shows...whatever I think I can do. A few months ago, I sent an email with my film resume and some 8X10's to a production company and I just heard back from them:

"Hello, thanks for responding to the posting
regarding adult and children extras needed for the innovative,
ground breaking full feature film “Motion Music” rated pg.
It’s about the psychological affects of music on children and adults.
Some may get speaking roles on the spot.
We are going to Sundance Film Festival this year
and would love for you to be apart of history.
We are shooting Saturday July 14th at 12:30pm
at..."


Luckily, the census at work is way down so I didn't have to work last night nor do I have to work tonight. So, I'm wide awake for the shoot today. I'll be going downtown after I clean the kitchen and take a shower.

I got the job working for Tyler Perry the same way, I just sent the resume and head shots and 3 days later they called me to tell me that I had a part in the movie "Why Did I Get Married". I've been doing this for so long that I can tell the difference between a fake ad and a real ad so I don't reply to many of them, too many of them are con jobs where they want your money and they can come up with some excellent reasons why you need to pay them.

One company said that they needed $35 for a background check because they do a bunch of work for Disney. I told them that if they got me a job working for Disney I would pay them for a background check. No reputable production company asks you for money...to the contrary, they either pay you or promise you a credit in the movie...there's always some good reason for you to work for them. But there's NEVER a good reason to pay THEM...no matter how good their BS is.

Anyway, I'll go downtown and see what they're doing in this movie. I never do it for the money, they never pay well at all, it's just fun work and I enjoy it. I couldn't do it full time but once or twice a year is perfect for me.

So, that's what I'll be doing today. When I get back (and I have NO clue when that will be), I'll let you know how it went and what we did. For now I have to start working around the house so that I will be ready to leave when it's time to do so. I should finish cleaning in time to pop back in before I go but if I don't, I will certainly be back when I get home.

Have a great weekend and I'll speak to you soon!

Meg

2 Comments:

Blogger Determined said...

Ooh I want to say Hi to Rick! I really like "Rick stories" so I just absolutely have to say hi to my favorite lead character!

Hiiiiiiiiiiii Rick!!!

Rick, thank you so much for giving me many laughing opportunities - especially during the times when I was poe' without any laughing moments. I hope I read about you again.

Sincerely,

Solarisgal

July 16, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I think we all appreciate Rick and the role that he's played in the creation of my little blog here. Thanks dude!

It's me

July 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home