.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

I just spilled purple paint on me...

...my shorts, my top and my socks, oh....and my shoes. I just threw them out because I didn't want to deal with them...I had to wash the floor which took the brunt of the spill. I got it off the floor but the jury's still out on my clothes. Oh, there was also a bit on the counter, the microwave and the cabinet door. I should have stayed in bed today.

Instead I went to Home Depot...again. When I was planning to paint my room I asked my son how many gallons he thought it would take. He said, "Oh...two or three." So, I got two gallons and decided that I could easily buy a third if need be. Well, it needn't be...I painted the entire room with under a gallon so I had an extra gallon of custom made pink paint. I didn't want to have two bedrooms painted the same color and knowing what my granddaughter likes, I decided to add blue to the pink to make it purple.

It took a LOT of blue...but now I have purple paint. It's an ugly purple, but it'll do for a little girl...especially after I put a bunch of pink butterfies in the room. She loves purple and pink...everything she colors is purple and pink. When I was her age, I did the same thing. My bedroom was pink with white trim...hers is just gonna be purple with pink trim. Well, not the actual trim, that would be uglier than the purple by itself. But all the trim-MINGS will be pink.

When I got home I opened the can to paint a bit of the wall just to see what it was gonna look like and thought, "Oh my God... when it dries it'll be darker uglier purple than it is now.". But, as I said, it'll be fine. I can easily fill a room with pink and purple stuff. The only problem is that the little boy sleeps in there too.

He loves Spiderman so I thought that I could make him a corner area that was all things Spiderman. I could even get him a hammock to sleep in and call it a spider web. He might like that. But first, I have to paint the room ugly purple. When I finish I'll take a picture of the ugly purple...or I may not even make you wait that long if I start to really get disgusted by the color.

I was just watching an unaired episode of Gilligan's Island where they have a different Professor and two secretaries named Ginger and Bunny instead of a movie star and an innocent from Kansas. They were both pretty tarty...I must say. They made a good choice when they went with the less believeable scenario...a movie star and an ingenue should be sailing together. It certainly made for better TV. Those secretaries weren't the type of characters that buys our loyalty as were Mary Ann and Ginger.

Oh, another thing, it was originally a 6 hour tour. I'm not sure why they made it a 3 hour tour...they must have had a meeting over that. 6 or 3? People actually made arguments for one side or another. Whatever, it was a 6 year cruise unless you count the movies that freed our friends from the Island. I suppose that was nice but that meant that I could never hope to become shipwrecked and drop in on the Castaways...everybody else in the ocean seemed to visit them so why not me?

I have to take a pan off the stove before it burns...I left the oil alone too long. Gotta run and save the house.

See ya!

Meg

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you a smurf? Remember them?You could paint two colors in the room- lilac/purple on two walls and dark purple( for nighttime and spider webs on the others? I wonder Meg if you've been visiting my website and leaving wondferfully nasty anon comments there? If so,Thank-you!

July 06, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yep, I remember smurfs but no, I don't leave nasty comments...well, at least not anonymously. NOw you've piqued my curiosity...I must know what has been written!


Meg

July 06, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I had to go to Wendy's blog to see the nasty comments she was speaking of. I assume she meant this one:

Advice?....get over it, I'm sure he has. It sounds like you were no more than a cum dumpster for him. You listened to him whine about what little attention he was getting blah, blah, blah, and he fucked you at his convienience. Why do you act sooo surprised and hurt! He alreay had a wife, he wasnt looking for another. He told you he wasn't going to leave her so... what did you think you were something special...the more he fucked you the more special he made his wife feel....thats what married guys do. He had the best of both worlds.This is so typical, I'm not sure why you think it deserves so much attention. This should be the most exciting time in your life new marriage, new baby etc and all you can talk about is some fling a married guy had with you.... how long ago?! Boring. This says alot for how your marriage will end for you...again. Why did your first marriage fail...let me guess he cheated on you, then you lost weight and this is revenge for how badly hurt you got. Who cares...has ths guy ever tried to get in touch with you again? Counciling his wife says? big deal, how long were they married before he started screwing around, does she think this will be his last? She should have dumped his ass immediately...he let this whole thing happen. You call her psyco wife....what has she done that makes her so psyco...did you think she would be happy about it? Your blog is getting boring. Seems as though you and his wife are dwelling over it. grow up and move on or get in touch with him and start it up again..you need new juice!

I didn't write that, I know that Wendy's blog is all sarcasm and the writer of this comment doesn't seem to know that. Anyway, I think it's the same nut who leaves comments on my blog that I just zap. I don't mind if someone is disagreeing with me...but I see no reason to be nasty and I don't allow them up there unless I have a specific purpose.

Karma...have you tried the moderation mode so that the nit wit can't post?

Meg

July 06, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

One more thing, I use the term 'toilet for his sperm'...not 'cum dumpster'.

OK girlie girl?

Meggers

July 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotcha on the terminology! In fact the blog is meant as a biographical portrait (ghost written) and that is indeed a pix of the tart and her new a-hole getting hitched. All name calling comments are welcome! I can post CL on there as an acquaintance or a role model perhaps!

July 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home