.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Meg…

“…Does the name "LAPALOTAPUSS" ever attract anyone female?…”

Well, you’d have to ask the Puss himself. I can’t imagine that it would work…neither that nor the BGJHNSN dude. But, as I always say, if Elvis impersonators can get lucky…who knows?
It’s amazing how many men at that site DO make such disgusting names for themselves. I’d love to ask them if it does work…I’ve wondered often. That and the car horn honking crap…has any man ever gotten a date by scaring the crap out of a woman and then driving away with the poor thing?

I’m going to make myself a croissanwich. I went grocery shopping last week and bought the stuff to make my own so we didn’t have to take the kids out to eat…we just took the croissants, some Canadian bacon I got from the deli, cheese and eggs and made the croissanwiches. I LOVE those suckers.

Then, I need to get some sleep. It’s been a long, long night. I had a patient pass away and it was soooo sad, watching the family almost made me cry. I had to walk away quickly. When a person passes away, we have to get them ready for when the funeral home comes to get them. That means that we take out the catheter, IV’s, whatever else they’re hooked up to. I didn’t have a tech last night so I had to do everything by myself. Post mortem care is usually the tech’s job but I’m glad that I did it last night because I shaved him and fixed his hair before his daughter got there. I wanted him to look as nice as he possibly could.

I remember being in my early 20’s and working on an oncology unit. We had our patients from diagnosis to outcome. I had this lady as a patient who was 44 years old. I became quite close to her as I worked with her every time she came into the hospital. When she died, I remember thinking, “Well, she’s 44, she’s lived a nice long life.” Can you IMAGINE?

I was so young that 44 was an old lady to me. At 49...I realize how young 44 is. My patient who died was only 69...even THAT’S too young to die. This past weekend, my granddaughter said to me, “Grandma, you’re old.”

I asked her what made her think that I was old and she said, “Grandma!!! Some people are old and some are young…you’re just one of the old ones.” I pressed her for a reason that she thought I was old. She felt my arm and said, “See? You’re arm is soft…feel mine…that’s a YOUNG arm!”

So, I flexed my muscles and asked her to “Feel my arm now!” She did and then she said, “Oh well, I guess you’re NOT old!”

Well, better get to that croissanwich and then take a nap so that I can work again tonight. I hope that I can eat the stupid sandwich…I seem to have lost my appetite again. I had stopped taking the Marinol and I think that might have been a mistake. I weigh 118 now. I’ve gained 30 pounds since I was at my thinnest. I was happy at 120...now I’ll be lucky if I can gain some weight and if I get REALLY lucky, I’ll gain some of it in my boobs. I want them back!!!

Meg

OOOH! Look what I found in my dating site inbox:

What goes up, must cum down! (That's the title of his profile) Then he goes on to say what a gentleman he is.

OK...now I'm really going...see ya!

2 Comments:

Blogger ReallyEvilCanine said...

I love those lamers. Every last one of them is too stupid to realise that crap is never successful because there are very few women who like feeling like generic orifices (and those who do generally sell said holes). Each and every one of them is one more twit I don't have to compete with.

Age perception is relative -- reverse logarithmic in my experience. The older we get the closer we seem to those considerably older than us. Look at almost any workplace where colleagues can easily be 30 years apart. Now look at a kid's world: everyone in authority is older. Being the authority of authority (a.k.a, mommy's mommy) makes you SUPER-old. But as you showed, that wall can be broken.

August 31, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Oh yes...age is most assuredly relative. That's why I love working with old people...REAL old people, by anyone's standards.

As to your first comment, I'd like to bring that sucker up in a post.

Back after I do that!

Meg

September 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home