.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Well, what do you know about that!

(By the way…that was the very first sentence that I ever spoke according to my Baby Book.)

My washer broke yesterday and I was lucky enough to find another one on sale today. I’ll be going to pick it up after rush hour and then I’ll be back in operation. I cannot ABIDE Laundromats. I don’t like doing laundry at all anyway, I certainly don’t want to sit in a dirty place with dirty kids running all over the place while I do it. Now I won’t have to. Cool beans. For my entire life, I've been wishing that someone would invent disposable clothing. They came close in the 60's with paper dresses...but that's about it.

And…my bed is in the next town at some distribution center. They’ll be calling me tomorrow to set up an appointment for the following day to drop it off. They said that they “prefer” to make those appointments early in the day. The entire purpose of making the appointment is to set up a time when I will have humans with testosterone at my house to help get the bed off of the truck and into my room. Most testosterone bearers work during the early part of the day so I’ll do my best…but they just may have to come later in the day whether they like it or not. It’s awfully annoying knowing that my bed is so close but I still can’t sleep on that sucker. Oh well, I guess I can just get the other stuff moved so that we can set the bed up when it gets here.

I very well may be traveling to some place west of the Mississippi later this week. I can’t tell you where yet…there’s someone that I want to surprise and if I told you…he might find out so I’m gonna keep it a secret for now. I can’t wait to tell you about it and I will…just not right now.

Also, I spoke to an attorney and found out that I may very well have a great lawsuit against the doctor who treated me so poorly in the emergency room last week…or was it the week before? I guess it was. I’m absolutely NOT going to let that one go…it was just too dreadful of an experience…especially considering that it happened where I work. The attorney told me to wait until the end of this week to get a better idea of what type of damages I would be entitled to. I can’t go into too many details because…as they say…“it’s an ongoing case”.

In college we were taught that you can’t force medical treatment on a person. For example…if you tell a patient, “You either eat or we’ll stick a needle in you and feed you that way.”, it’s considered assault. If you actually DO it…it’s considered battery. Well, they did something similar which made them guilty of assault and battery.

AND…something that I didn’t even think of but the attorney did…by tying me down and not letting me leave when I wanted to…the doctor is also guilty of false imprisonment. I’m going to give the hospital a chance to make this situation right and if they don’t, I’ll be writing an article about the experience. I don’t know where I’d have it published...I’ve been published in the Atlanta Journal Constitution so I might send it there but I could also consider one of the nursing journals that I’ve written for.

OK then…I have to clean out my laundry room so that I can have a nice clean place to stick the washer when we get it here. Have a good one and I’ll probably be back after we get the washer taken care of.

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home