.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, March 14, 2008

OK then...

...Jean and I are going to get her hair done (against her wishes but it has to be done...this may be the last time she EVER has a chance to dress up so nicely in her life. I'm gonna make her look good if she fights me tooth and nail.) and find shoes for the wedding tomorrow.

I just spoke to my sister, the mother of the bride, and she was on her way to pick up my brother who is flying in from Texas. I have two other brothers who can't, for one reason or another, come down for the wedding.

So...tomorrow I will ask if any of you have "any requests for me on this day of my nieces wedding?"

This should be fun. We're also getting manicures today...neither one of us needs a pedicure so that should be a quick trip. I ALWAYS get my nails done in red. I like it so much that no matter how pretty the other colors are, I end up with red...usually a deep red. Today I may get crazy and do something different...an American manicure. I don't care for the French manicures, they look too fake. I'm lucky enough to have hard nails that grow as long as I let them so I don't need anything that looks fake.

Before fake nails started looking so real, people would comment about my nails all the time. Now they just assume that they're fake. Oh well, the red is chipping so I have to do something today or they won't look nice for the wedding. Right now I'm leaning toward the American manicure...maybe I shouldn't even look at the red nail polish.

I have a bag of nail polish and almost every single bottle in there is some form of red. From bright red to deep red, pearly red to creamy red, with or without sparkles...they're at least 5/6ths red if not more.

Then, we have to go buy shoes. I don't care WHAT she says, we are NOT shopping at Nordstrom's today. My father isn't paying for it this time so I'm on the lookout for the nearest Payless. And to think, the only reason I didn't get shoes Sunday was because I thought over 200 bucks of my father's money was ridiculous. Suddenly 20 bucks of my own money seems worse.

:):):)

2 Comments:

Blogger lil'coils said...

LOL, Red nail polish looks so ugly when it starts to chip away. Personally, it's very tempting for me to wanna peel the nail polish two days after I get my nails done - especially when I'm nervous about something like before a job interview. I'll leave my seat with a bunch of red nail chippin's on the floor.

March 14, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yeah, red looks awful chipped as does most nail polish with that much contrast. I don't bother it...but something always fucks it up.

First of all, there's the mandatory imperfection that you have to get before the stuff dries completely. Then, there's the part where I apply a coat of clear to make it last longer. That's another semi-manicure at least so I have the second mandatory imperfection. I had to retouch my middle finger last night and even though I waited well over two hours before I went to sleep, I still woke up with a slight imprint of the sheet or me, I can't tell.

I haven't had time to fix that today but I'm sure I'll try again tomorrow.

Of course I was going to apply ANOTHER coat anyway and that one will take HOURS to completley dry.

I can't wait to see which nail fucks up this time.

By the way, I DID get the American.

:)

March 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home