.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Hi there!



I'm hiding in the computer room because it's either this or watch another PBS musical donation show with my dad. He likes that stuff...and it is pretty music, for about 10 minutes. Then I start to fall asleep so I thought I'd skip a step and fall asleep in the bed. There's no TV in my room (unless you count the computer) so I've been reading books since I got here. I've read more books this week than I've read since last summer.

We went to the mall today. We had to get outfits for my niece's wedding and Jean likes to shop at Nordstroms. I don't. I can't see paying $200 for a pair of slacks that you can get for $19.99 at Target. But...Jean insisted so we went there.

While we were there I had to try on a bunch of clothes. I was standing in the fitting room in my pink bra, white panties and maroon knee-hi's trying on dresses for the wedding and it occurred to me that I HATE SHOPPING!!!

At Nordstrom's, the sales people have this devious little plan...they want to get you in the dressing room and out of your clothes. Then, they offer to go pick out your clothes for you to try on as long as you're in your undies anyway. They do all they can to keep you in there. I said I wanted to go to the fountain for some water and the lady grabbed a bottle of water and handed it to me. She wasn't gonna let me out of that room. I should have asked for a steak with onion rings. (Also, they don't mind standing there talking to you if you're naked. I don't talk to people who have clothes on when I don't. It puts me at quite a disadvantage.)

I went along with it for a couple of outfits but the lady must have thought that I was smaller than I am because she kept bringing me size 2's. As if I'm not already having a rotten time, I have to look at myself wearing a dress that's too small with those stupid maroon knee hi's. If I had a moment to look away from my own reflection in the mirror, I could always look at the naked old lady in the room with me. That was fun.

Anyway, I won't be shopping at that place anymore. Jean bought a dress and a jacket, I got slacks, a cami and blouse, a pair of jeans, a button down shirt and sweater. That's all...3 outfits. Imagine my surprise when it rang up to $1,600.

I guess if people are stupid enough to allow themselves to be a position when they're being held captive, naked yet, in a small fitting room while someone else shops for their clothes...they won't mind paying ten times what the clothes are worth.

I'm going back to Target and I'm proud of that. If I HAD a billion bucks to blow...I wouldn't spend that much on clothes just because I could. I almost feel sorry for rich people. What nit wits they must be if they shop at these places all the time! I wonder if they're aware of the hideous overcharging that they're subject to...ya think?

I tried to find a pair of simple black shoes and I couldn't find a pair under $200 so I gave up. I even saw flip flops that sold for $165...can you imagine? Those suckers are $2.99 anywhere and these nuts are paying hundreds of dollars to get flip flops. I admit they're nice flip flops...but they're still freaking FLIP FLOPS!

Oh well. I think I'll go to bed now and finish reading the book I started last night. It's called 'god is not Great". When I finish that one, I'm going to read D'sousa's answer to it. That's supposed to be a much better book so I'm looking forward to that one. The first book was written by an atheist and it pretty much espouses his views toward religion and explains why he feels the way he does. Then, D'sousa's book responds. He's always good to read so this should be fun.

Oh, I'll be back in the morning...just before I go to Target to get those shoes.

2 Comments:

Blogger TexasGal said...

I'd give anything to have a Target over here in Singapore!

March 10, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I feel for ya! I know those super stores aren't supposed to be politically correct, but when I have to go shopping for some things...I am glad that they're there.

My father has plenty of money and he still shops at Sam's and refills his Windex bottle. You should have seen the look on his face when we gave him the bill for the clothes...it was priceless. He literally said not "to worry about the price" and to get myself "something for the wedding and another outfit that you like". I did. It's not my fault that he dropped us off at a store that doesn't even bother with cents on the price tags. $395.00 is clearly marked on both Jean's dress and her jacket. I would have rather had my father give me the cash and let me take THAT to Target. Can you imagine what I would have been able to buy with $800 bucks at Target? I'm pretty sure I could have bought one of everything.

:)

March 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home