.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Damn...

...I'm starting to wonder if I have Alzheimer's. I keep forgetting why I've walked into another room and I always have to go back where I started to remind myself what the hell I wanted in the first place. I don't know why that helps...but it does.

This morning I found myself looking in the cabinet where I keep cans of dog and cat food...just staring into the stupid cabinet...and I didn't have a clue why I opened the stupid door. I was getting ready to leave the house for a few minutes and I was in a hurry. But, instead of starting the car, I was staring into a cabinet in my kitchen without a clue of what I was looking for. I asked myself, "What WOULD you be looking for in this cabinet?" That helped because I also keep the garbage bags in there and that's what I was looking for. I wanted to have a trash bag in the car. OK then...I made my way to the store and back without forgetting where I live.

I've always stared into my fridge...you have to watch those every minute. But I usually don't stare into cabinets. I must have some disease that lowers the intelligence because yesterday as I was cleaning out a cabinet, I found a receipt from a Chinese Restaurant down the street from here dated when I was in Chicago visiting my daughter before I had the surgery that I thought would kill me.

I came back from that trip to find that Rick had bought new clothes...shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt...not quite work material. then I found a sandy bottle of KY Jelly in a drawer. So, while I was gone he had some fun at the beach and down the street from our home... and he also had sex with someone whom he couldn't turn on too much or else he wouldn't have needed the KY crap. That's why I call it foreplay in a bottle...that's about Rick's speed.

He must have known how stupid I was. Of course, he could have been trying to get caught...this stuff was there before he left and I was clueless. I heard one too many, "I don't go anywhere but work!" lines to think he was cheating...he didn't go anywhere but work. Of course when I was out doing stand-up, I had no clue what he was doing.

When I found that receipt yesterday, it gave me a little sting in the heart. I didn't expect that and I wasn't happy about it. I have no idea how many more nice little surprises I have hiding in this house just waiting for me to find them. This sucker must have fallen out of the back of a drawer because I've cleaned them all out but I guess I haven't cleaned out the cabinet with the big bowls and Tupperware for a long, long time. I wish I hadn't done it this time...it wasn't really dirty. I was just sitting on the kitchen floor putting contact paper in the cabinet under the kitchen sink. As long as I was down there, I decided to clean out all of the lower cabinets and that's how I found this little gem:







I just noticed that there was no tip included so that makes me think they had Chinese delivered to the house...or he picked it up. Rick hated Chinese food (except for Sweet and Sour chicken which he got whenever he went to a Chinese restaurant. But we only went because I wanted to go...he would have gone to the cheaper McDonald's around the corner). I don't know if you can read it or not, but it's from the Maple Gardens down the street and it's dated June 11th 2004. I was absolutely in Chicago visiting my daughter on that date. Of that I am 100% sure.

Now I have to go back to the store...the pharmacy just called to say that they got my blood pressure medicine in and the one thing my brain doesn't need now is high blood pressure. You know, if Rick would have stayed here, I'd be dead by now...that's another thing of which I am 100% sure...I never could have kept my blood pressure under control with this shit going on.

So...there's a reason for everything and that may be the reason that God let this happen to me.

Ya think?

2 Comments:

Blogger Determined said...

"it gave me a little sting in the heart"

Oh I understand very well what you mean by that phrase. About 1 month ago, I found out that Cowleen gave birth to my husband's baby. She even named the baby after Jeff's mom, so that his mom - being religious and all can accept the adultery.

It's amazing - the manipulation, the lies, the moral decay that is associated with all of their cheating...

Lets be glad that they're gone, lest we die of high blood pressure or an STD! A toast to you, my FRIEND.

April 24, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I wonder who will eventually get the child support...him or her?

April 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home