.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Every piece of me...

...from my soul to my back hurts right now. But that's the way life is...it's spring time and I need to go to the pretty outside.

I think that the only way to feel better is to leave...just like I did when I was 18. Thankfully, I have my own place to go...I need to go home. My dog has a big surprise coming. He should go nuts when I walk in the door...that is if he doesn't just take one look at me and walk away. If I could, I'd have the computer camera on when I walked in that door so that you could see how he reacts.

I haven't been gone for long but when I go away for even a few days...that dog goes nuts when I walk in.

I have one huge hurdle in front of me...I can't find my MasterCard. Without that, I can't rent a car, I can't buy an airplane ticket without getting tagged for extra security processing nor can I buy a bus ticket because they don't take checks. I know it's in this condo...but I can't find the damn thing. If I break down and call the bank, I'll be without a card for a couple weeks and then, as soon as I have the old card turned off, I WILL find the dumb thing. Of that I am 100% sure.

In the meantime, the only thing that I can think to do is cash a check for a couple hundred bucks just to get by until I do whatever the hell I plan on doing.

Oh...I called in a refill on my blood pressure medicine. They had to call Georgia to get the refill authorization and when they did, they tagged on extra insurance. I don't know what that stupid thing is but it takes care of my co-pays. They did it once before and I told them to fix it. The chick said she would but today I called about another prescription and it happened again.

Apparently, it's a bitch to fix because no one wants to do it. Walgreen's says that "It wouldn't be there if someone didn't give us a card."

Duh. I wouldn't be calling to report insurance money I'm not entitled to if I DID give someone a card. I said it a few times and he just kept dancing around actually fixing the problem. I just hung up and said that I would fix it in Georgia. He said that was fine. So...that pharmacist is going to let me walk up to the window and sign for a prescription with an insurance benefit that I don't deserve. I'm pretty sure that makes him an accessory if not a co-conspirator.

I'll just get his name when I go to pick up the medicine...that should get his attention. I TRIED to fix it twice and those yahoos refuse to even look into the situation so fuck 'em. I don't even know who I would call about this...the drug store people or the insurance people or both. Probably both.

The song Kodachrome is playing and that always reminds me of a temporary cousin that I had when my uncle was married to a woman from Tennessee. She had a son named Terry and for one summer, we hung out. It was the summer that this song was popular. I was 16 for at least part of the summer...I think I had turned 16 that June which would have made it 1974. Of course it's entirely possible that I was only 15 but I seem to remember being 4 years older than Terry and he was 12. We both stayed at my grandmother's that summer and we had lots of adventures. We actually called them "adventures". One day we tried to walk to a mountain that we could see. It looked like it was just behind the houses.

It was...but there were a lot of houses that we didn't see. We walked all day and never got any closer to the stupid mountain. We did get away from most of the houses and we walked through a few fields, but the mountain never seemed to get any closer. I think that was Reed Mountain, east of Roanoke Virginia.

Once we tried to escape the group we were with at Dixie Caverns and we planned to go spelunking through one of the many little cave looking things you see as you walk through the main cave. We did get into the openings...but few of them were anything other than openings. They didn't go anywhere. We spent that day dropping to our knees and hitting our heads on the cave walls because the places we tried to go weren't lit up.

We did have one successful adventure...we walked down Hwy. 11 to get from one of my grandfather's hotels to another one. That was quite a hike. It's no small trip in a car. We walked from Roanoke to Cloverdale just because the hotel next to my grandfather's had a pool. The guy who owned that pool was named Mr. Buck and he let my grandfather's guests use the pool so I certainly could.

My parents lived at my grandfathers' hotel when I was a baby and my father was in school at Roanoke College. My mother and my aunt both cleaned the rooms and once when I was about 2...I was "helping" them. I remember seeing that both of them had rings on their fingers. They were their wedding bands but i just thought they were "female bands" so of course, I wanted one. I happened to find a washer and I stuck it on my finger. I totally remember thinking about it and doing it.

I guess it made such an impression because I ended up in Mr. Buck's work room, sitting on a work bench with my hand in a vice and Mr. Buck sawing that washer off with a hacksaw. I literally thought he was going to saw off my finger. I didn't know he was sawing off the ring. I knew it was my fault so I remember trying not to cry. I don't remember if it worked or not. Anyway, that's about all I remember from 1960.

After my uncle divorced that lady, I never saw Terry again. I really don't think that I want to. He was such a sweet young boy at the time...sort of like Leonardo DeCaprio when he was younger. I would hate to see Terry all grown up and manly.

I watched Blood Diamond yesterday. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as The Departed. But...it did have Leo in it so that's always a good thing. I just couldn't stop thinking that he looked so bulked up and manly that he must stink like a real man.

We never smell those guys when they're on TV...and I'm glad. If we ever had scratch and sniff TV...the smells would have to be as fake as Joan River's face or people would be heaving all over the place.

Oh well, Leo stinks. That's disappointing but I can live with it if I just try to think about something else.

OK then...now I'm going to think about how in the hell I'm going to get home without a credit card. This should be fun.

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home