.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, April 04, 2008

OK then...

...I'm going to go out with one of my BB's (blog buddies) this weekend and I can't wait. I don't know where we're going but it'll be fun. I probably talked her ear off last night on the phone...but I haven't had anyone to speak to lately except a chick who doesn't remember what the conversation is about and my father who is currently not speaking to me at all. He keeps telling me that I act like a typical female...but he's the one who's pouting for days on end. I STILL don't know why he's upset and even though Jean is obsessed with trying to figure out why...I'm baffled and I have no clue so there's not a thing that I can do about it.

Anyway, last night I finally decided to go get that stupid bag of dirt out of his trunk myself. That thing must weigh 50 pounds and when I went to get it, first I tried to pull it straight up by the two upper corners of the bag. When I did that, the bag ripped and about a bunch of dirt fell out into the trunk of my dad's car. NOW he might have a reason to be angry. I scooped up as much as I could but it's not like the trunk was empty...there's a bunch of crap back there. So, some fell on a suitcase and some fell on a shirt and some fell through to the bottom. I gave up after I cleaned the suitcase the best that I could.

I guess today I'll pot the vegetables. It sure is hot out there...and it's only 9 AM. Maybe I'll wait until the sun goes back down. I can't get this condo to a comfortable temperature. I guess it's hormones. Even with my father gone, I'm too hot at 77 and too cold at 76. It's really quite exasperating.

I saw a story on the news where some guy in England is trying to hire a drinking buddy for his father. I guess the old man is stuck in a nursing home and wants to go out every night to have a few ales and talk about engineering. Isn't that sweet? IF my father drank I would hire him a friend. Maybe he wouldn't be so much of a curmudgeon if he had a friend. I've never known him to have a friend. I'm sure he did...he's told me stories about friends...but I've never actually seen him go out with another guy. I'm going back to when I was a kid. We did have one other family in Illinois that we were related to but the father in that family wasn't my father's "type". I don't know what his type was...but Uncle Bob wasn't it.

He did bring home a couple of black friends when he was in school. But I think that was more for us kids who lived in an all white suburb where even the Italians were confined to a trailer park. My parents went out of their way to make us comfortable around people of all different shapes, sizes and colors. And if they weren't living next door...dad would just bring them home from the city. My family WAS one of those who made up the giant White Flight out of the cities in the early 60's.

I never did get to the store yesterday. I wanted to buy a fishing rod so that I could drop a line out in the canal along side the condo complex. I can fish all day long, even if I don't catch anything. The only bad thing is I can't bait my own hook. I could probably TOUCH the worms...but I couldn't actually impale them on a hook. I just can't do it. I've tried, Lord knows I've tried. But I can sit there and stare at a worm all day long waiting for a guy to walk by and bait the hook for me. Sad...yes. But it's part of fishing. I don't mind not catching a fish so much...but it really sucks if I never see a guy who can bait my hook. I just sit there like an idiot holding a rod in one hand and a carton of worms in the other.

I didn't really bring any fishing clothes here. I didn't bring many clothes at all. I never thought that I would be here for so long. I have to go home next week so I may drive home Sunday and then come back here the following Saturday. I can't wait to see my dog. He likes me no matter what. He did before I abandoned him anyway. I'd bring clothes back with me but I don't even think I have clothes cool enough to wear here everyday. I have some tiny t-shirts but those are to wear under other shirts...they're too revealing to wear alone.

Yesterday I wore a shirt that my daughter sent me. It showed cleavage that I would never go out in public showing. I certainly can't shoot pool in that shirt. Oh well...I need to find a shirt to put on now because I'm expecting something from Fed-Ex today and these jammies aren't the type that I should be wearing when I answer the door.

I'll be back when I can get back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home