.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, April 25, 2008

This Post is 100% My Own Opinion---Meg

If you've been reading...

...this blog long enough, you may be aware that I have an aunt who was murdered by her son Paul Mergel. Her name is Mary Ann Mergel and she was my father's sister. Apparently you can get away with murder if you have a good enough hiding place because Aunt Mary Ann's body was never found and it looks like Paul may get away with her murder...as will his accomplice.

When we discovered that she was "missing" and Paul was telling different members of the family different stories about where his mother had gone...I posted a lot of information about the situation.

To my surprise, I began to hear from cousins that I hadn't heard from in years and eventually I started hearing from Paul's father's family. A nephew of Mary's (on her husband's side of the family) was quite close to his aunt too so he read the blog with interest when I discussed our aunt's murder and the OTHER murder that Paul got away with.

Apparently Paul grew bored of an old girlfriend so he burned down the trailer she was sleeping in. Even with the cab driver who dropped him off near the trailer in the middle of the night, the cops in Jersey didn't have enough to arrest him. It seems as though he had an alibi...and he murdered his alibi when he murdered his own mother.

The Georgia police know he is responsible for his mother's disappearance but they don't have enough to bust him either. They did, however, find enough to arrest him for other charges and he was sentenced to a couple years that he had to pull "door to door" meaning that he had to serve every single minute of his sentence. He did eventually get out and my cousin by marriage has been speaking to me to try to get information on his own. It seems as though he and I are 2 of the only people who care to pursue this crime.

The other day we were speaking and I gave him the name of the investigator who I call when I want to check up on the case. Well, he called him and then I got this comment left at the bottom of a post written about our aunt:

"According to authorities in Georgia, there is a WARRANT ISSUED for the arrest of Paul Robert Mergel, for a probation violation pertaining to his 1st degree forgery charge he was convicted of in 2004 and spent two years in jail for. He is also currently being investigated for another case in Hazlet, New Jersey. More to follow..."

This is the post that he commented on:

http://diaryofmydivorce.blogspot.com/2006/11/my-father-read-comment.html

That's about someone who, in my opinion, was Paul pretending to be his own son. I could be wrong but he sounds more like a criminal defending himself than he does a kid defending his father. Notice how the "kid" mentions the mother with such disdain. I can't see too many sons speak like that about their own moms but I can see an ex-husband do it.

Anyway, I wanted to put this out there because if anyone should see Paul Mergel, I would hope that they would call the Georgia authorities in Murray County. Let me go see if I can get a picture of the bum and the number for the cops. I'll be right back.

Murray County Sheriff's Department: 1-706-695-4593 Detective Brent Morrison

This is information I found on the Ga. DOC file on Paul:

YOB: 1967
RACE: WHITE
GENDER: MALE
HEIGHT: 5'09''
WEIGHT: 205
EYE COLOR: BLUE
HAIR COLOR: BROWN
TATTOO/MEDIUM ANKLE/RT
TATTOO/MEDIUM ARM/RT
TATTOO/LARGE ARM/LFT
A.K.A. MERGEL,PAUL ROBERT SR
A.K.A. MERGEL,PHANTOM MAN

Here's a picture of the sweetheart of a son:




Now I'm going to feed the animals and make some coffee. Then I'll write a normal post.

:)

Oh, by the way, thanks to my cuz for the info!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pandora said...

I don't live in Georgia, but if I see him my way (he seems to look...eerie or downright weird) I'll be sure to call the cops. Although, NC cops suck so bad!!! Maybe it'd be better just to hit him & ask you to pick him up.

April 25, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

The cops here say that he ISN'T in Georgia so this is the one place he's not!

Be careful!

April 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From my research into the disappearance of our Aunt Mary, I have compiled a list of where Paul might be. He is to be considered dangerous and quite possibly in possession of a firearm. If you recognize him, dial 911 and get the police involved. They would love that. The following cities/states are places he has known to have resided in the past or is familiar with:

In NJ: Monmouth County, especially Keansburg, Hazlet, Port Monmouth, Middletown, Belford, Holmdel, Matawan, Brick, Toms River, Metuchen

In GA: Roswell, Chatsworth (especially the surrounding areas)

In Florida: Largo, Ormond Beach, Coconut Creek, Delray Beach, Fort Walton Beach

There is a possibility he might be in the following areas:

In Ill: Willowbrook, Chicago area

In Michigan: specifically Bloomfield Hills

In Mississippi: Biloxi, Gulfport, Ocean Springs

Another tip: Paul is a tattoo artist and might be visiting tattoo parlors in any one of these areas.

My personal message to Paul: If you get to read this do yourself and those who loved your mother a favor and surrender to the police where you are at right now. I would like to believe that you have some kind of a heart left to come clean and tell the Murray County sheriffs what you know and did with your mom. Otherwise, you WILL face what is coming to you, as more evidence comes to light anyway, but not on your terms. Think about it...for your sake, and the sake of your kids. There is a NATIONWIDE SEARCH in progress for you, both borders have been notified and supplied with your photo.

lastly, remember this Paul...
THERE IS NO PLACE TO HIDE

you will be found

April 29, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is living at mercer avenue in port monmouth or middletown nj. As of 9/01/2013

September 09, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home