.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Hi!!!

I'm at one of my daughter's friend's house tonight. I'm not sure if that was grammatically correct or not but it certainly is accurate. She and her boyfriend have been entertaining me tonight for my daughter. They've been very, very nice to me...I've finally been doing touristy things. My plane leaves tomorrow so I'll finally see my doggy who I've  been missing something awful.

I bet he'll be happy to see me! He'll do that, "Where did you go? I'm so glad you're back, I thought you'd never come back!!!" happy dance thing that he does. Payton does a little dance that I thought all dogs did when they were happy...it's called "kidney beaning". That's when the dog puts his body in the shape of a "U" or kidney bean and they jump around like that. It's quite funny to watch the first few times. After that it's just something weird that your dog does. 

The other day I was sitting in my recliner, playing with my razor. It's a battery operated thing that I use everyday to shave my legs as I'm sitting there watching the news in the morning. I must have been half asleep or something because I absent-mindedly put the razor to my face. I am NEVER doing that again. I accidentally shaved a swath of my peach fuzz. I didn't think much of that, the fuzz on my face is blond so you can't see it. BUT...you can feel the tiny buds of new peach fuzz and I think it feels a bit like a 5 o'clock shadow.

That's just too freaky for me. I hate that feeling. Those little hairs don't grow very fast so it seems to be staying like this for an unusually long period of time. I did it at home and I left home Tuesday. I still feel my own stubble. Isn't that hideous? No woman should feel that feeling on her face. I wouldn't let anybody else feel my face like this either.  I'm so glad I'm not Italian.

I would hate to HAVE to wax my face or even shave it. I know that old, old ladies have face hair. Its either that or it's just that we only see it on them after they stop keeping up with their beards. If THAT'S true, then perhaps face hair is in MY immediate future. Wouldn't that be icky? 

I feel old enough with my aching left knee. My foot is still swollen and sore and today I had to walk a half mile to a school and that made my bad knee hurt. That I'm even old enough to have a bad knee is a bit of a disappointment. I hate having it flare up while my right foot is sore. That stupid knee actually hurts more than the broken foot hurts. The foot doesn't really bother me if I don't bother it. But once my knee starts hurting, I can't make it stop.

I was getting out of a car this morning at my girlfriend's house and as I did, I fell on the driveway. Luckily, I didn't hurt myself but I certainly COULD have. Damn it. My right arm has a few scrapes on it now. From my elbow to my hand, there are a bunch of abraded areas. I can't wait until something really stupid happens.

Right now I'm just happy to be sitting on a nice soft couch. I need to act like it's 3 in the morning and go to sleep now. I should be fine as long as I don't touch my right cheek and the stubble on it.

:)

2 Comments:

Blogger Determined said...

You make it sound as if the peach fuzz or hair on your chin is some extreme medical emergency.

It's a simple procedure - all you have to do is go to the beauty parlor and get it lazered out. The procedure only takes five minutes and I think it costs less than 200 bucks.

July 29, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Oh no...I'm not worried about mine, it's so light that you can't even see it.

Thank GOD!

July 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home