.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, July 25, 2008

I have the weirdest headache...

...and it won't go away. The pain is behind my ear and up a tiny bit. It's right where I had my brain surgery so it freaks me out a little bit. It's OK though...I had that stroke last year and that nasty bout of cancer a few years back so it doesn't really bother me much. I give it some thought and after how I remembered the stroke happening in that I didn't remember it at all, I figured that death was probably pretty much the same. It just sort of happens when you least expect it. Maybe if I expect it, I won't be bothered with it anytime soon.

I've been able to hang out with my friend's kids which has been unexpectedly delightful. Aren't kids sweet? I know they turn into assholes but for a while anyway, they really are fun to hang around. The boy is 11 and today he came home from camp. When he walked in, he hugged me and said, "You look so young!" Naturally he is an extremely bright and perceptive child.

He brought his mother a hat like the one Gilligan wore only it was red. She didn't know what to do with it because it's so funny looking and as she said to me earlier, "I don't wear
hats." She didn't know what to do with it. I told her that she should declare the hat her "Official Basemen Cleaning Hat".

My friend is in the middle of a divorce from a guy who pretty much looks like a giant Q-tip. He's over 20 years younger than my father but he looks much, much older. I know my father looks exceptionally good for his age, but this guy looks really, really bad for his.

You know, even if you look really, really good for your age, you can still live long enough to look old. You could look 20 years younger than you are but if you're 80, you still look 60. There's basically two parts of life, growing and dying. You grow to a point somewhere around 30 and then you star to decline. There's really not a lot of time spent at a nice maintenance phase. Ain't that a bitch? It's pretty much straight up and then straight down. And the ride down is much too quick.

Hmm. My headache seems to be gone. Cool beans.

Damn, I think that's where I came in. Now I think I'll go and try to avoid the dogs. I stumbled backwards onto a dog's legs and almost lost my balance. If I had fallen backwards I absolutely would have broken my hip. I can't let that happen. If I'm going to go down in a dog tripping episode, it'll be my own damn dog that takes me down.

My girlfriend's boyfriend is on her couch and they're having a lot of fun just chatting. It's nice to see her having so much fun. She hasn't had that in years. You know, it's a nice time that I have to go be a part of...she's very busy telling him about our day and I have to go help her. She keeps saying, "Right Margie?" (She calls me Margie) I know my friend and that means that she wants me to come over there. I'm nothing if not perceptive and sensitive to other's feelings.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home