.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Sometimes the headline says it all.

I was reading the headlines on a website as I browsed through the morning news. I think what passes for news nowadays is an abomination. Alligators in toilets and house swallowing sink holes are about all I ever see locally so I go to the national sites for news in the morning. I'd like to thank the headline writers because they were so succinct I didn't have to venture further. The headlines told me all I wanted to know.

Boy survives after foul ball hits chest, stops heart 

That tells me that everything even semi interesting is over, someone was there to help the kid...and all is well. Not one of mine, not worth my time. Yeah...I know, I've been aware of my mean and nasty status ever since my son told me when he was 3. With a totally disgusted look in his eyes, he looked straight at me and said, "YOU...are a mean and NASTY lady!"

Vegas spending scandal costs GSA official his job

OK. That headline also says it all. I don't know the guy but I can picture a Vegas-style spending scandal. It's preferable to picturing Secret Service agents in Columbia.


NYC public school makes learning Arabic mandatory

This headline alone tells me enough to make me feel really, really peeved, pestered and provoked. I don't even WANT to read the stupid reasons for this that make no sense at all, but will, nevertheless, be blindly and unquestioning accepted by many citizens. Logic and critical thinking are becoming relics of a more open-minded and enlightened past. After these yahoos vote, I picture them skipping away from the polling place saying, "Th...th...th...that's all folks!"


Jury in Edwards trial reviewing all evidence

So...now I know that absolutely NOTHING has happened. But it is a relief to know that the jury will be reviewing evidence at some point. I was worried earlier.

Hurricane Bud weakens to Category 2 storm

Another non-story. They should just say, "Storm that affects no one on this planet is less of an issue today than it was yesterday."

So...basically, I just read a few headlines and then I came here after I became annoyed so that I could tell you how stupid I think stuff is. It's my way of asking you to smell spoiled milk from my esoteric fridge after I do.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monica Lewinsky still in demand as a private sector blow job consultant many years after her distinguished public service in the oval office.

May 25, 2012  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOLOL...and she, with presidential experience...yes. But I have more time in.

May 26, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home