.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, July 04, 2013

Why the hell am I the one being punished?

As you can see in the post beneath this one, Walter's court date has been set for Monday. My guess is that he's going to plea down to something minor and receive a slap on the wrist. What do you think of that? Walter called to tell me not to show up at court Monday even though, as you can see, I have been invited to attend. Heck, I've been invited to them all. Sometimes with a subpoena, sometimes without. But I can go if I want to...and I think I shall.

I'm going to ask for a chance to address the judge. I don't know what, if anything, that will accomplish, but I know this, I will have been respectful of the system and I will have had my say for the record. I know what Walter's stupid story is, as of this morning he is STILL reminding me that, "Nothing happened! You know that!" I don't even bother engaging in a formal debate over what happened, I was there, I remember it plainly. He is either a great liar or he believes that his level of violence was called for. I submit that it was not.

He once again stated, "You could have left, I just didn't want you to take the dog." Well, to that I say:

A. I didn't have the dog in the first place.
B. Even if I was stupid enough to stop and grab the dog on my way AWAY from YOU, your legal remedy was to call the cops, not to prevent me from leaving.
C. IT'S MY FUCKING DOG!

I want my dog back. I need something to take care of right now, something that likes me even when I screw up. That usually only comes in the way of animals. Hey dude, do you want to go to Judge Judy's Court? Let's go. Her remedy is to put the dog down on the floor and see to whom it runs. You know damn well, that dog knows he's mine.

But I digress.

Don't you guys think that I should, at the very least, attend the court hearing being held in my honor?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go but leave the dog at home. YOu have the district attorney there to represent you. They usually follow the wishes of their client .. in this case you

July 04, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Well, I did ask for the dog in the plea negotiations. I have a very good reason for considering a request to read a brief Victim Impact. I'm thinking of how to efficiently perform that function, buty I owe it myself, if not everyone else impacted.

July 04, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If this is a criminal case they won't be diving "assets" there, And unless the dog is willing to give compelling testimony about walters assholish tendencies then the judge won't want him there clogging up the docket. Ask the DA and see what he thinks.

July 05, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home