.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

OK...I've calmed myself down a bit...

...with a little help from my friends.  I'm at my father's to get away from the flophouse. I left a part of this morning's post out. When the guy's smoke alarm went off, I was walking past his room and he had the door open trying to see why the alarm was going off. I saw one of the other rooms. If I didn't think I'd hurt his feelings, I'd ask him if I could take a picture of it to show you. It was awful. Seriously, a jail cell would be healthier. It's hard to believe that people live like that but they most certainly do. Now I know why they're all so impressed with my room.

Speaking of my room, when I got back last night, I noticed that the bathroom door was locked. I thought to myself, "I didn't lock that door from the inside the bathroom." So, before thinking, I tried to open it but there was a chick showering so I just got my computer and went back downstairs. When I went back to go to bed she was gone and when I woke up, she was asleep so I waited for a while to shower myself. I showed her my instant coffee, creamer and sugar and told her to help herself. She said that she didn't know if she would be staying. I was freaking out so I just called my father to come and get me. He did, I'm here and it's all I can do to stay awake because it's so quiet and I'm so sleep deprived. My nerves are a bit shot but as soon as I decide where to go, I'll be OK. I need a plan. Not an evil plan, just a nice one.

They call that place the Hotel California because you can check in but you can't ever leave. I'm not about to let that happen to me. I'm headed for greener pastures. But first, I'm going to suck down some more coffee to wake my ass up so I can ask my father what he thinks I should do. See ya soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...



Glad to know that you are someplace somewhat safe and a little calmer!
NSC

July 03, 2013  
Blogger Gladys said...

Meg, where are you going to be staying, do you know? I was addressing your box to the shelter but you are moved?

Where do I send stuff?

July 03, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

You're fine using the address I sent before, I'm going back there in a little while. For right now, the day is peaceful, later I should be back at the hovel but I do feel better. Remember to send it to Good Samaritan Inn
3302 N Florida Av.
Tampa, Fl. 33605

Attn; Meg Kelso Room 205.

If you send it addressed to me, it will get lost along with my other mail. :(

Thank you honey, you can be assured it will be appreciated and much needed.

I'm going back soon...but at night the creepy people are too drunk to be dangerous. )

July 03, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home