.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Maybe I should have googled him before...

...I came here to tell you about him. But I can do that anytime...I don't get to tell you guys this much at all. But here goes....I met a new guy. Well, he's not really brand new, he's actually older than I am by one year. And with any luck, when I do get around to googling him, he won't be wanted for any hideous crimes.

I met him last night on my way home from running errands. I asked him a question about the bus which he couldn't answer but we started chatting and he ended up hanging out with me until the bus came. (I missed one because we were so engrossed in our conversation.) He gave me his card and before I left we exchanged phone numbers. He's actually from New Jersey which means that in the late 50's, we were rather close to each other but we were somehow separated until last night when we met up again in LA.

He's a carpenter dude and he has a hammer and all the other accoutrement's of a wood man. He's nice looking and he meets all of my height and weight requirements. Also, he speaks well, and you know I like that. In our entire conversation last night (and the one we had when he called me later last night) he never once used one disparaging word in reference to another race. He said nothing bad about me but did say nice things. I could get used to that...again!

And then, this morning, he called "just to say hi" and let me know he was thinking about me. Then he actually said, "Your phone has minutes, doesn't it?" He didn't want to eat up all of my minutes, he just wanted to say hello. Isn't that nice and unselfish? Man, I wonder how many other ways this guy is normal? Normal is cool...I have seen it in a while.

I guess it's natural to think of a creepy dude who did the exact opposite of normal (abnormal...right?). I'll let you know if the new one does anything creepy like and then I'll let you know if the creepy dude does anything normal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Waterbaby said...

Only been reading your blog for a short time now. We all sometimes feel as though nothing is going right and everything is a mess. I don't pretend to have answers, but know that there are people out there who listen. Sometimes knowing that someone, anyone, is listening can help.

October 23, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

It helps me ALL the time. Thanks for taking the time to write.

October 23, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home