.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

So...just how old am I?

When the bus driver starts quoting you senior citizen's rates as you get on a bus, it's hard to deny your age. A couple of years ago I might have been annoyed at such an offer but I give, I'll drop my quarter and sit on the front seats, especially since those young rascals in the back of the bus seem to like taking advantage of old ladies. I used to say things like that in an attempt to protect little old ladies from tricksters but now that I'm using words like tricksters, I think I'm warning myself.

I AM an old lady, right down to the menthol smell. I'm menthol blind right now because I had a headache and it occurred to me that the menthol crap might help it. It never occurred to me that I might blind myself with the menthol crap dripping into my eyes. I was lying down on the couch letting most of it evaporate when my son-in-law walked in from work. That's what you want to be doing at your in laws' house when they walk in from doing a good day's work...lying on their couch as they come in their house. It takes a lot of baby-sitting to make up for that sort of stuff.

I love watching the baby because he's easily the brightest, most interesting and likeable person I've met in a long time. He's certainly the only other person who laughs on a regular basis. But even he has his own way of letting me know how old I am. He seems to have taken to calling all old ladies Grandma. I guess he met me, learned that word and applies it to all the old ladies he spots. I realized quickly that it was a put down of sorts. Talk about your passive-aggressive personalities.

Perhaps I even need protection. I seem to get robbed regularly. Every time it happens I think, "It's OK, I learned a big lesson from that." But the lessons I learn are so specific that I have to learn all of them before I'm safe. In the meantime, I can just do my best to avoid going outside all together.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get in touch with me please!!

October 10, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not what I expected from a divorce blog, but great articles. Thank you from Family Law Portal

October 12, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home