.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Good morning!

It's about 7:30 am and I am getting ready to go to the hospital. I have to be there at 8:30 and it's not far from me at all so I have a few minutes to say hello before I leave. I will be getting that fun treatment, that is if the lack of tatse doesn't make the doctor change his mind. I doubt that it will, but it isn't anything that I expected. My father is taking me and then we should be heading south to Florida. I will be there until Sunday. Dad has a computer (a new one at that!) so I will be in touch except for the time that we're driving there.

Earlier today I was watching a channel that had congressmen discussing base closings. I was wondering, why do we leave such a thing up to congress? That puts those decisions in the hands of people who are at the mercy of voters and none of them want to see there own bases closed.

People are resisitant to change and even though it has been shown that most communities eventually benefit from the new businesses that come to the land created by a base closing, people will want to keep the businesses that they already have instead of allowing time for new businesses to develop. That's too bad. Bases are there for the military, not for the local communities to earn a living from. Before the elected officials were in charge of such things, the military alone handled them. It's funny, before WWII, the communities didn't even want the bases in there own neighborhoods. Now, they don't want them to leave. People are so short-sighted that we should just leave these decisions to the people who make them based upon need for the entire country and not the financial preferences of any one community.

Oh, then I was watching a show that was discussing the recess appointment of Bolton to the United Nations. The people who are bitching about him finally have a good reason to bitch, this guy is an ass. But, perhaps that's exactly what we need at the UN today.

Unfortunately, the ones who are complaining have complained about so very much that when they do have a legitimate gripe, who is going to listen? A bit of the boy who cried wolf going on, I fear. Bush doesn't have as much cotton as the other q-tips in the box, but the people who complain about every little thing that he does are looking more and more like sour grapes every time they resist his decisions. In doing so, they sort of solidify those who might not otherwise agree with him. By the way, Clinton made 140 recess appointments during his tenure so it's not a particularly unheard of idea.

Well, I should be leaving here soon so I will be on my way. I should be in the room getting the treatment from about 9-11 am EST this morning. Think about me, I'll be thinking about you!!!

See ya!

Meg

Send comments to: meg.kelso@gmail.com

I will post any comments that you send me, unless of course, they are from the nuts that made me try to stop them in the first place or if they are just personal emails. I would love to hear from people who disagree with anything that I say. Of course, I always like to hear from people who think that I'm right as well. :):):)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home