.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

My father and I just got here...


...and I am absolutely exhausted. He took me to the hospital and I had my chemo treatment...it is palliative to try to shrink the tumors on my spine. That should make it hurt less. I'll let you know how it works, if it works. Anyway, I am now in Florida, at my father's place, having milk and cookies. I can't really taste them but I have to get some sugar in my blood. I never get hungry, but I do get the symptoms of hunger like the shaky feeling you get when you haven't eaten in a while. I told the doctor that I couldn't taste anything and he responded, "Oh! Have you told your docotr?" I was kind of surprised at that. I said, "I am...now." He said that I should go to en ENT doctor to see what the problem is. They are all so specialized now that one doc can't tell you something out of his own field. He did say that the chemo shouldn't do it so I don't really know what to think.

I can't go to another doctor until I get insurance, the only reason that I was able to go to the treatment today was that they had already pre-certified it before the knucklehead had my insurance canceled. I'll have the court order Rick to pay it, that shouldn't be a problem according to my lawyer so when I get the bill, I'll take it and the court order to the hospital and show them who to charge.

OK, I am absolutely exhausted so I need to go to bed but I wanted to sign on and leave a post for you. I'll be back on the morning to write more.

My father's second wife lives in the condo across the way from my dad, she actually lives with her first husband. I would hate to have all of my ex's living within spitting distance, it would be cruel and unusual punishment.

Anyway, my dad and I drove down here after I got out of the hospital and I will be flying back Sunday evening. My dad bought that ticket last month and I thought that we would be here sooner, I didn't think that I could go to the treatment today at the time. That was before I realized that they would order Rick to pay for it. Also, my dad bought my prescriptions today, I didn't have the money since Rick stopped sending the alimony. The lawyer said that we would just have the judge order him to pay that as well. Since there is no one to oppose me, I can go to court and ask for whatever I want. What a nimrod that fool is!

I hope to be able to go to the beach while I'm here. I should be able to see my sister, she lives in Bradenton, about an hour from Tampa. I have some cousins here as well, I hope to be able to see them, too. I am so tired that I can't remember what I was going to tell you. I guess I should go to sleep now, I am pretty much useless right now. OK, I'll just sign off and sleep, I'll be back first thing in the morning.

See ya!

Meg


meg.kelso@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home