.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, January 30, 2006

I can pretty safely say that I have...

...my own personal man and that’s pretty cool. Although my freedom to screw other men is somewhat blurry at the moment, I do have someone to call in the event of a flat tire, local OR long distance. That’s pretty cool. I’m on my own with spiders but that’s only because I couldn’t keep my eye on one until he got here without totally freaking out. But...I DO have someone to call for bail money. That’s another biggie. With sex rounding out the trilogy of man-ownership...I can safely say that I own a used guy.

He even has his own spare tire. I like that in a man...the automatic, convertible belly/cushion thing that so many men possess. I like having access to one of them, too. There has to be just the right amount of hair covering the belly to make it just Neanderthal enough to please without being alarming. That’s a tough line for most men to walk...isn’t it? They have to use just enough of that testosterone as not to be Sicilian (and I say that after being married to one, not in any attempt to be NOT PC or anything like that...whatever. I didn’t even know that “Oriental” was offensive until I used it recently. I thank the lady who informed me for doing so but isn’t that ridiculous? Changing the name means nothing. I don’t ever remember “Oriental” being a bad word. But, I do remember the “N” word being bad. We were taught to treat it like the “F” word. And that meant that we have to be standing in a defensive stance because the nearest parent was about to make a pretty concerted effort to knock you down before they start wailing on you with the nearest belt...and it was the 70’s...Dad had skinny AND wide belts. Mom just went nuts and hit you with whatever she had. That may have been a dish rag...it may have been a steam iron, you didn’t know and you certainly didn’t want to find out what that little woman was capable of when she lost it. It was rare that the woman ever lost it and THAT’S what made it so scary. Anyway...WE, as nice white kids, were taught the evil of that word and we hold it back, stored in a very lonely place...under “Words we would never, under any circumstances, say out loud”. And then what happens? The African-Americans (?) will jump all over it, DIS-empowering the word...I guess and they use it at will amongst themselves. Well, you know what? That doesn’t take away the offense that I take when I hear it. I don’t care what the reason for using the word is and I don’t care. The necessary result is that after such wide use of the word...in television and movies if not in real life...it loses it’s sting and others then feel as though the word is acceptable and it isn’t. I don’t see how people can pick and choose the vestiges of the past that they find offensive or not. Nobody wants the Confederate Flag flying when it was never intended to offend. Now, that it does offend is a fact, but the people who want to preserve it today are not at all doing so with thoughts of racism in their minds. That’s just a fact, too. And while the men who designed the flags may have owned slaves, I doubt that they gave the slaves much thought when designing the flag in the first place. I can’t imagine that they ever INTENDED to OFFEND when they designed the sucker so, while it may have been designed by bigots, they weren’t thinking about bigotry when they made the stupid thing. Now, the swastika is a totally different thing...it was specifically designed to invoke fear.) but still have enough belly hair to qualify as a man. I like a proper amount of body hair on a dude. I don't agree with those guys who shave their entire bodies in an attempt to be all "metero-sexual", whatever the hell that is. I like the fact that men are different. I wouldn't want to start blurring that particular line. I think we've blurred it enough as it is, we don't need the men to start worrying about crows feet and graying temples. Oh well, the bull may be out of that particular stall.

That’s what I think anyway. I don’t even remember what the hell I was talking about. I guess I should leave then. I’ll be back when my mind comes full circle to a place where I can follow along a subject.

OH....I just remembered...it was the man ownership stuff. Yeah...that’s pretty cool. I may not get as much sex as I want all the time, especially when I’m in Gogia...at least I know it’s in the foreseeable future. That was the tough thing about remaining reticent for so long. I never knew when I would get laid until I was actually getting laid. Up until then, I didn’t want to count my chickens before they hatched so I just sort of played along until I sensed a “binding” that assured me that I could finally stop working AT getting laid and work ON getting laid. That was fun.

Well, my brain has left me again so I’m going to run along. I’ll be back after a while.

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home