.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

OK...it's official,

I'm moving. I hate moving. I am going to throw away more things than I'll be taking with me, that's for damn sure. I haven't decided exactly what I'll be throwing away and what I'll be keeping but one thing's for sure...if Rick and I weren't already divorced, we would be after making decisions like that. I have so many things that are important to me that no one else in the world would think worthy of a small spot in a big box full of junk from every junk drawer in my house. I have more of those than I thought, by the way, at least two junk drawers for each room in my house.

We've lived in that house for close to 10 years so there's a shit load of crap built up in there. I'm sure I will come across things that I haven't thought of since the 90's. I hope to find my passport sometime during the move...if I don't then I'll know for damn sure that Rick did, indeed, steal it. That's OK though...I have a box full of all the childhood piftures that he owns. I was holding it hostage at one point in my insane attempt to keep him from leaving but it didn't work. So, somewhere up in my attic I have that box which, when I find, I will be sending back to him...if I find my passport.

Each of my kids have lived there at one point or another so I should find a good bit of their stuff as well. Also, something that I haven't seen in years, a huge Hefty bag full of blue jeans that I started saving after I saw some program that mentioned blue jeans that were worth a lot of money. I must have 75 pair of old blue jeans in that trash bag...now if I can just find the stupid thing, I may take it with. I also have ten years worth of pretty gift bags...all in a couple of large gift bags. I'm sure that those damned things are worth something...they've each only been used once. My encyclopedia is from the mid 80's and still has two Germany's in it but I keep thinking that if I save it long enough...it'll be an antique collection of books worth something. I hate to part with my stuff.

But, I can't move every twisty tie that I've ever saved so I will be tossing some very valuable crap out soon. I hate the thought of that. I've been carying around a decorator plate that my grandmother had hanging in her hallway but it is a collector's edition from the Centennial of the Civil War. I used to hang it up but I got tired of taking it down whenever I had friends over who might have found it offensive so I just left it down. I don't see racism coming into style anytime soon so I probably won't be hanging it up in my new place either. Not that I consider it racist...or even slightly offensive, but I am sure that some people do so out of respect, I'll just refrain from displaying it until I'm so old and crazy that no one would think anything of it. Or...I'll find a nice bigot to sell it to...whatever.

I'm definitely taking all of my collectibles...even my lighthouses. I collected them for a few years but I accumulated so many that they eventually overtook my house like Christmas is trying to do. I had lighthouses everywhere and ON every THING as well. Not a gift giving occasuon would go by where I didn't receive a lighthouse or something with a lighthouse on it. They put lighthouses on everything now...I have trivets on my table with them and magnets on the fridge, they're on a rug, shower curtain, calendar and kitchen AND bathroom towels. When you collect something like lighthouses, you never get anything else but lighthouse crap for your birthday or for Christmas so I'm just collecting diamonds from now on.

Oh my God! I just thought of thr outside stuff. I have 3 lawn mowers alone. Man, that stupid shed is full of crap and I just may have to leave it all. If there's a man out there close to Marietta georgia, you may find a treasure of tools out there...all you have to do is come and take it away. Hell...take it all away. I'd rather just buy new stuff. I may do that. I think I better go get some boxes and a bunch of Hefty bags...it's time to start throwing stuff away. Somebody...please help me.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home