.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Some people have far too much time...


...and very little to do with their weekends. I just waited for hours for Chip to call only to find out that he spent most of his day on the phone, unnecessarily, with the tech support people at his computer server. Then, he realized that the problem was a small one and something he had asked the tech support people about hours earlier. But the tech support Super Sunday crew assured him that it wasn't the simple thing but some unknown problem that required hours of searching whilst on the phone. After hours wasted speaking to some inept tech support nerd, he found that it was indeed the simple thing that he asked about.

Then, for no sound reason, he felt the need to call them back and bitch at a supervisor even though it takes a half an hour just to GET to the damned supervisor, thereby wasting even MORE time on the telephone with these freaky people who can't work their way onto a Monday through Friday job if their lives depended on it. So, he's had a chance to bitch by phone, which is apparently much more gratifying than bitching by email. Whatever. So, basically, he wasted hours on the phone and then spent another half an hour on the phone in an attempt to complain about being on the phone.

Oh well. I have to transfer all of my utilities as well so I'll be dealing with the freaky people myselves soon. I have thought about it and I could probably do without electricity...I could find alternate ways to keep warm and have light. I don't even think I'd mind terribly if I couldn't have cable. A good book is always better than a good television show and I like newspapers. But, I would hate to have no access to the internet. There's nothing else that holds such connections once you leave your nuclear family. Not only is it an easy way to stay in touch with the people with whom we're already close, it's also a way to form new connections and to maintain those new "relationships" that we all form once we "go online". I missed my puter when I was away from it and I shan't be taking any such chances in the future. I shall be sure that I have internet access at my new place before I lose this one. Yep, that's what I'll do then.

I haven't answered my email yet and that seems to be such a daunting task that I'm not quite ready to go at it but I'll have to do it soon. I hate daunting tasks...don't you? My hatred of daunting tasks used to keep me from attempting to do anything about them until my father said to me when I complained that "The room is too messy for me to clean up, I don't know what to do."

He would say, "Just pick up one thing at a time and put it where it belongs. Then, come back and do it again. Keep on doing that and before you know it, the room will be clean." Of course, he was always right. That's the thing about parents...isn't it? They always seem to be right. And, as daunting of a task as moving is, I've got to get it done now. I've never wanted to be Samantha more in my entire life. That's what I'd do if I had magical powers...I'd twtich my nose and be moved. The lottery thing isn't working out.

But for now, I'm gonna go veg out on the couch for a little while. I have to plan this big move that I have coming up. See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home