.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Hello, hello again...

...it's me, here's hoping we meet again!

Now, that dates me for sure. I remember some of the silliest songs that you could imagine, stuff that would never make the Top 40 today. All of those Ray Stevens songs, while quite amusing, weren't quite what you'd call classic rock and roll. I hate to admit it, but The Streak still cracks me up when I hear it which, of course, is quite rarely now. Any of you ever hear Down in the Boondocks? Billy Joe Royal sang that song. My grandparents had a couple of restaurants and they ran the one that they lived nearest. I would hang out there when the juke box dude would change the 45's that the thing played. (I spent my summers with my grandparents in Virginia, I was very lucky to be able to do that. Grandparents are wonderful things, as are grandchildren!)

Anyway, I hung out there waiting for the guy to come every week and by the end of my summers, I would have the coolest collection of 60's hit records that would be worth a lot of fricking money and I was only 8. I had Eight Days a Week by the Beatles. I remember Ticket to Ride was on the flip side. With the Beatles, you never knew which song was the A and which was the B...they were all hits. I had The Happening by the Supremes, Sitting by the Dock of the Bay, a lot of Beach Boys...I'll never remember all of them. I'd love to know what happened to those 45's. My mother probably cleaned my closet one day when I was at school. Of course, my sisters could have taken them, I would have if I were them. Or the brothers...who knows. Hell, I would even catch my father stealing my Neil Diamond and Carol King albums.

How did I get off on that tangent? What was I gonna say? I had a plan...seriously. Oh well, it'll come to me later.

I am doing my best not to eat pie tonight. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and ate a bunch of Key Lime Pie. I had been sick earlier and I wasn't able to eat so when I woke up, I was starving and I felt like eating so I did. I rationalized the pie by telling myself, "Well girl, you ARE underweight and you HAVEN'T had any food all day. Your blood sugar has GOT to be low so why not eat this piece and another even. So I did until half the pie was gone. I didn't realized that I had eaten half of a pie until the morning. I thought that surely my son must have eaten some but he hadn't. I had three pieces over the course of the night and in the light of day, I saw that I had eaten an entire half pie. It was REALLY good, I must say.

I can ignore the pie tonight, been there done that. But, if I had some ice cream, I'd be caving under the power of the mighty praline. That reminds me, I saw a praline pecan CAKE in the grocery store today. I had never seen such a thing. I had to take my cart and run away from the bakery and towards the produce department. I got an artichoke instead.

OH! My dog! She had her surgery today and the doctor asked me if I wanted to come and see the tumor. She said that it was the largest she had ever seen so she saved it for us. That's never something you really don't want to hear a doctor of ANY kind say..."You've GOT to see what I took out of her!!!! I HAD to save it, I've NEVER seen anything like it!!!!" I imagined that she must have saved it to show more people, it was one helluva big tumor. It was obviously all fat and encapsulated so it was just a lipoma, nothing bad. But damn, it was HUGE! Had to be the size of a soft ball at least. Maybe more the size of a rather large breast implant.

I wonder why that can't just collect a few fatty tumors and put those suckers in a woman's boobs to make them bigger...seems more natural. They said it was nothing but fat. Whatever.

Well, I suppose that I should go back to bed before I eat that pie...or at the very least, a bowl of my favorite cereal...Rice Krispies. I love that snap, crackle and pop. All righty then, I'm off to fall asleep listening to music. See you in the morning!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home