.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, May 26, 2006

This is fun...

...I got an email from some con artist in Nigeria. Here's the gist of it:

...So I wish to inform you that your payment is being processed and will be released to you as soon as you respond to this letter. Also be advised that because of too many contractors that I have to pay at this final quarter of the year, you will only receive the sum of us$10, 000,000, ten Million United States Dollars. So that I will be able to pay other contractors, but my promise is that I will make sure that you receive your balance later. Kindly re-confirm to me the followings: 1. Your full name. 2. Phone, fax and mobile #. 3. Company name, and address. 4. Profession, age and marital status. As soon as this information is received, your payment will be made to you in a certified bank draft or wired to your nominated bank account...

So, I responded:

You may call me at 404-679-9000 and please, quickly send the money to my office in care of Sting Yu at Suite 400 2635 Century Pkwy. NE. Atlanta, Georgia 30345. I am 26 years of age and I am married. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance in expediting this matter as I plan to leave the country as soon as I get the cash.

Thank you,

Mr. Yu

I sent them the phone number and address of the local FBI office. I hope they get what they need from them.

Are there actually people stupid enough to fall for this crap? Hell, I signed up for some survey and I got free crap in the mail along with the bill for the free crap and then they billed my phone number . The phone company sent me the bill and then they send the con-artists my cash. The same phone company that won't let anyone PAY my bill without my secret code will let anyone DEBIT that number and ask no questions. That's ridiculous.

Then, my phone rings so many times in a day that the yahoo who is calling me and hanging up is a pleasant change from the barrage of calls that I'm getting from a bunch of off the wall companies wanting something from me. I should start talking to them and giving them all sorts of fake information. I think I will. If I'm bored the next time one of them calls, I will answer the phone and waste their time like they're wasting mine. One of them just called as I sat down to write this. I wish I'd thought of it sooner.

If I have to deal with all of that from "legitimate" companies, I can't imagine what a Nigerian would be capable of. I saw some kid on Judge Judy that had sent money to Nigerians because they sent him a check for more than the amount of cash that he sent them but the check was no good. Somehow, that led to the kid suing someone or being sued, I've forgotten which.

I was going to go out for a while last night but I got sick at my AA thing. I didn't spew on them, but I felt like I would. I hate that. I never know when it's going to happen and it hit me hard last night so I just went home after the meeting instead of going out. I hadn't eaten anything all day and I think that messed me up a bit. I was so afraid that they would all be thinking that I was doing more than being sick in the bathroom because I was in there for so long. I felt awful and I was afraid to come out of the bathroom.

As I type this, the second dog is having a large tumor removed from her hind quarter. I had taken her in for something else and they said that they needed to take this thing off and since it isn't getting any smaller, I think they're right. This vet will let you make small payments as long as you pay something so all of their patients get the care they need. I would feel terrible if I couldn't get the animals cared for because of my broke status. The other animals are all healthy but this older dog is older so she has a bunch of problems. She's a sweety, though, and definitely worth having around. I wish I knew her history, she was found as a stray, all emaciated and she had more bald spots than Rick did. After a few months of eating anything and everything, she's a great big German shepherd looking dog although her face is more of a hound's face.

I have two hundred pounds of dog here so my cousin would have to be an idiot to try to come here. These big ass dogs are one helluva deterrent. I feel totally safe with them and can even sleep in my room again because of them. They both lie down on the floor and won't get up until I do. They both just lie there waiting for me, whether I get up at 6 AM or 10 AM. Payton barks so much at sounds that no one would get anywhere near my room without Payton barking like a maniac. I completely reinforce that behavior as much as I can. The other dog doesn't bark at sounds or people but I bet she'd rip a jugular if it was necessary.

OK, I'm off to carpe the diem so I'll see you later!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home