.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Hi there!

Tonight I went to the meeting that I have to go to for the probation lady. Everyone who was there for the first time got up and said some profound thing about why they were there and how much they wanted to change their lives. I was under the impression that no one had to say anything if they didn't want to so I had nothing planned to say at all. But after the last person volunteered to speak, the leader of the group looked at me to say something so I had to stand up and as I usually do when I have nothing in particular to say, I just stood up and opened my mouth. I'm always as curious to see what'll come out as anyone else is. This time the following came out, "I got a DUI and I'm here because they said I had to come."

Well, I received a rousing ovation and a roar of laughter that I didn't expect. The leader was quite happy with my honesty and said so in front of everyone. So, there is my evening so far.

I'm going to pay off the Bartow County probation officer so I can quite going to visit them. I would pay off the Marietta City except I'm not sure if that would change anything at all. I know that I have to go to 6 months of these meetings and I will be on probation until I finsih them. They're a total waste of my time and everyone else's time but I'll do what they want me to do just to stay out of jail. Dumb as it is, I'll do it.

I hope it makes someone happy. What a joke. It's stupid for two reasons. First of all, I rarely drink. One night I did something stupid and drove after having a couple of beers. I was pulled over because my lights were out, not because I was driving erratically. I had lost so much weight (I was down to 90 pounds) that those two beers put me over the legal limit. The second reason that this is stupid is that even if I DID drink, anyone will tell you that there's no help for a drunk unless they believe that they have a problem and WANT to quit drinking. So, forcing therapy on someone who doesn't want it is contraindicated by all of the experts.

Well, since my oven is broken and my boyfriend bought me that grill, I've been cooking on that and tonight I'm making some chicken breasts. I got one of those chimney things that starts the charcoal so you don't have to use any lighter fluid and that's out there heating the coals up right now. It's a pretty cool little invention, if you haven't seen one, check them out. The food doesn't taste all lighter fluidy.

There's an insane old lady who I've mentioned before, she's the one who walks her dog past my yard everyday. When she does, she allows her dog to bark at mine and stops for a long time when she does it. Today I walked outside to let my dog in and just as I walked out the door, I heard her actually egging her dog to bark at mine. The stupid little dog of hers didn't even want to bark at mine but the old hag made him do it. I opened the gate and told my dog to come away from the insane woman. I'm stunned that a woman of that age can't come up with a better way to spend her time than harrassing dogs she doesn't know. Ordinarily, by the time someone has a head full of gray hair they are a bit wiser than that. I guess occasionally assholes just stay assholes for decades.

I guess my coals are hot enough so I'm going to go out back and cook my breasts now. Oh, before I go, Rick's lunatic friend is still calling me. I don't understand how people that I don't see for years, or people who don't even know me can be so obsessed with me. In this one's case, I'm sure that it's shear insecurity so I guess Rick really hasn't changed much at all, He's still with a woman who doesn't trust him only now he has to pay another woman a lot of cash every month while he deals with the one who doesn't trust him enough to just enjoy him and forget about his ex wife. Nice to know that someone's life hasn't changed at all. Well, that's it, now I'm going outside to cook, have a nice evening and I'll be back later!

See ya!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home