.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

I had a discussion...

...today about commitments, in general, nothing specific. I thought about whether or not I felt any commitments to anyone and when I did, it occurred to me that I still feel married. I feel a slight commitment, not to Rick, but to the marriage. Isn't that odd?

I guess it's just a leftover of feeling that way for so long. It doesn't affect my behavior at all, I don't refrain from doing anything because of that feeling of commitment so it's OK. Well, maybe it affects my actions in one way or another but who the hell knows.

My computer had another hissy fit the other day. I have decided that the computer is most definitely possessed. It does things that have absolutely no logical rationale and then, the dumbest things in the world make it work. When something has no basis in reality and behaves so unpredictably, it isn't a computer in need of repair or replacing...it's a personality. And my computer has the touchiest personality that I have ever seen. You wouldn't believe all the things that it demands of me.

First of all, I have to turn it off by pulling the plug out of the wall. It won't work if I turn it off at the computer, the power strip or by doing it the way I'm supposed to do it, or even hitting control+alt+delete. The only way the computer will start up again is if I pull the plug to the power supply. Tell me, how does this thing know from where I'm turning it off?

Then, it makes me wait after it reboots before I can access any programs. Once I get to the desk top, I have to wait at least 7 minutes before clicking on any icons. How in the world does it know if I try to cheat and only wait 4 minutes?

I don't know, but it does. If I don't wait the full 7minutes, preferably longer, I'll immediately be given the blue screen of death. Isn't that odd and don't you think that these are all signs of possession?

It's OK, because I've learned the bitch well but I would hate to break a new one in. That's what I thought about breaking in a new man after Rick. I hated the thought of starting over again. I would have to train a guy in so many ways, sexually, reaction to crying/silent treatments/outing and particiaption in the performance of things on any given honey-do list...to name a few. It takes years to do that and sometimes, a helluva lot of work and patience. I guess the word is diligence. It takes diligence to fine tune a guy the way you want him.

It can take years finding the right blob in the first place. Most blobs aren't worth the time and effort because either their mother or some other female has fucked them up so badly that they've sort of been stuffed in a kiln, baked and they're all hardened. They can be so much work and too many things can go wrong so you have to get a blob that hasn't had too much done to it. Rick seemed like the perfect blob. There was nothing there in the first place. I didn't realize how resistant to change that a blank blob could be. He pretty much left as the same blob that I met in 1983.

Usually there's quite a bit of work involved as soon as you find the proper blob of clay. First, you have to hack off the stupid crap that other women did to it and start fresh. Some blobs make it a bit hard to hack the other women parts off, but with due diligence, it can be done.

The toughest part is the sexual crap. I liked having one trained so well. We had that down to a dance about the length of an AM station song. Now, the ending is always too long like the ending to Hey Jude. Oh well. We'll just have to work on this. I don't mind. If I have to do it, I have to do it. By the way, it's not that I prefer a quickie, it's just it's better than nothing and nothing was the option with Rick. I remember one particular quickie in 1991. As I crawled into bed I glanced at the clock and it was 11:00 PM. Rick proceeded to get friskie, take care of me and then himself (in that order) and rolled over...all by 11:08 PM. I was stunned. I had a LOT of work to do but that was as far as I could get with him in that arena.

Most women want to begin work on a man as soon as possible so there has to be a good amount of pliable clay ready on short demand. Each man is different so you always have to look in different places when you are trying to find a particular guy's pliability supply. Most men are pretty well equipped with a lot of that stuff. I think nature sees to it so that we women have hope that we could customize a guy to our own style and personal preferences.

We have to see a man worth remodeling in the first place, even if he isn't really worth the time and effort. There might be a much better man right around the corner and if we weren't so preoccupied with putting too much effort into a stupid blob, we would see the better man easily. So, nature has to make us stupid, to some degree. If we didn't see things a bit irrationally, we would never stay with a guy for any length of time.

We have to customize things a bit to feel comfortable with a man and once we do, we would rather continue "throwing good money after bad" than we would do the smart thing and trade up. We're more comfortable with the clay we have and over the years we have learned exactly how to manipulate it. Once we get a bunch of work in on any given guy, we like to sit around and play with the one that we fixed, over and over again.

There's usually a lot of work to be done and if you haven't done a WHOLE LOT of work on a guy by the time he begins farting around you, you've waited far too long. You better get to get to work quickly, double time.

I don't know where this is going anymore than I know where the other one is going but I know one thing for sure...I'm going to start hacking off the stuff the other chicks did as soon as is possible so that if need be, the man will be ready for firing.

Gotta go start work on one or the other...

See ya.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home