.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Well...

...I've heard from the folks in Nigeria! They are holding my 10 million dollars and all they want from me is 500 bucks! Isn't that great? I've been wondering how I would get out of my financial bind and the answer to all my problems lies in the great nation of Nigeria! Here is the email that they sent me:

Due largely to malpractices and other banking discrepancies experienced in the bank major activities over the years, GULF BANK OF NIGERIA PLC in conjunction with the APEX BANK OF NIGERIA/CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA government henceforth advises all their clients whose fund transfer is pending for transfer must first pay the account validation fee before their payment can be released to them. This is to authenticate the genuine of the bank particulars/payment claims documents presented to the bank for vetting/payment. However, by the virtue of GULF BANK OF NIGERIA PLC foreign payment regulation and in accordance with the Nigerian banking law as amended, ACT 150, SECTION 18, SUB-SECTION 2, PARAGRAPH 15 of the enabling decree has billed you the total sum of US$500.00 as your account validation fee.

Naturally, I wrote back to them:

Hi there!
I'll be in Nigeria next month and I'll be picking up my check at the bank. Once I do that, I will be happy to give you the $500 and I may even give you $750 for your trouble! Please have my check ready on the morning of the 9th of June. I look forward to meeting you and finishing our business. I'd love to take you out to dinner if possible. Are there any restaurants in Nigeria? I hope that you guys have more than rice at your restaurants.
Is there anything that I could bring you from America? I'd be happy to pick you up some souvenirs or any little thing that your heart desires.
See you next month!
Sting


I hope that they like Americans! They must or they would try to scam me out of more of my 10 million bucks so they must be really, really decent folks. And they're even going to open a temporary bank account for me. I didn't send them an account number for them to transfer my money to so they will open a temporary account and all I have to do is deposit $500 and then...10 million bucks! Damn, I am going to be insanely rich!!!

Anyway, my dog is much better today. She doesn't seem to be in as much pain as she was in yesterday. The incision has an area that's gotten a bit red so I put some triple antibiotic ointment on it.

Tonight I'm going out with the guy that sent me the flowers. I don't know what we're doing yet, he had to go to his office for a couple of hours and he'll be calling me later to tell me how to dress for the date. In the meantime, I'm going to curl my hair. I have a curling iron but my hair's too long for it to really work well so I wish I had some electric curlers or whatever you call those things. I don't know that they'd work any better but I know that I can't just curl my hair with regular curlers because I end up looking like a poodle when I take them out of my hair.

I got an email from some female who claimed to be one of Rick's girlfriends. I almost bought it until she said that he stole money from her. Rick is a lot of things but one thing that he isn't is a thief. I've never known him to steal a thing. Oh, I take that back...when he was married to his first wife, he stole a bunch of flowers that were outside of a store. You know how they keep a bunch of flowers outside of places like nurseries or Wal-Mart? Well, one day Rick and a friend of his stole a bunch of them to take home to their wives. He was very young at the time and I'm sure he was sorry because his wife turned him in. I don't know why she would have done that but she did. I don't think she ever really liked Rick at all. She just wanted someone to pay the bills and he did that to some extent. She cheated on him something chronic...at least that's what he said. For all I know, he cheated on her and she never did a thing wrong. But, he always maintained his story that she cheated on him constantly, even getting pregnant by other men a few times. She was pregnant by another guy when they separated. He knew it wasn't his because she had cut him off for months. I'll never know the truth about that one because both of them are dreadful liars. To tell you the truth, I don't care anyway.

So, I'm sure that the email that I got was a fake. I don't know why anyone would take the time to do something like that. Of course, I don't know why anyone would take the time to make hang up calls and I get plenty of them. I know that some of them come from Rick's friend, Tish and I know that some of them come from my ex's nutty wife.

They're having a Star Trek marathon on channel G4 (whatever that is) and I've been watching them all day. The house is cleaned and I'm bored so I've just been watching Star Trek all day. I must find something better to do. I'm going to go take a shower and then I'll try to do something with my hair. After that, I'll have to find something sedate to do so I don't get all sweaty and then need another shower before tonight. I could make another pot holder. I love making those stupid things. I have a few of those looms that little girls make pot holders with and I make them every so often. They last longer than any pot holder that I've ever had. I have paid a lot of money for pot holders that didn't last for 6 months. The ones that I make seem to last forever. I still have every one that I've made and I made some of them 5 years ago. I need to get some new loops before I can make another one.

Well, this is just too fricking exciting for me so I better go shower now. I'll be back after a while.

See ya!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home