.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hello there!

I'm very happy now because I've opened enough stupid emails to get a $10 certificate from Starbucks. I haven't gotten it yet because I'm not sure if that's what I want to do with them but I have finally accrued enough points to actually redeem them for something!

It seems as though if you keep the points and keep opening emails, you can get more than you could get if you spend them early. For instance, with 1400 points, I could get a $10 gift certificate to restaurants.com but for 3500 points, I could get a $50 gift certificate for the same thing. So, for the time being, I'm just going to keep on opening emails and see what I decide to do later. Maybe by Christmas I'll have enough points to do all of my shopping that way.

If you want to get points for opening stupid emails, go to MyPoints.com and sign up. Most people open a bunch of stupid emails anyway, this way you can at least get something for doing it. If you do, use an email address specifically for that or your inbox will be full of even stupider emails. You could earn many more points by buying something from any of the merchants there, but I don't have a credit card with any room on it so I don't do that, I just open the emails. I open 3-5 a day to accrue these points. The emails that you need to open all say the same thing so you know which ones not to bother with. I didn't know any better so mine all come to my regular email address. By the way, if you want a G-mail invite, email me at megbkelso@gmail.com and I'll send you one. I make that offer every so often and I usually get a few emails asking me for one. I've been offering to do that ever since I saw that people were selling them on eBay. I've seen them sold for anywhere from 50 cents to 5 bucks. I just give them away since I don't care. A bunch of 50 cents's wouldn't help me much so I don't mind at all.

I went to the store today and got a bunch of fruit so I've been stuffing myself full of strawberries, grapes and peaches all afternoon. I absolutely ADORE fruit. I can't believe that something that tastes so good is so good for you. When I'm lucky enough to actually have an appetite and be able to keep stuff down, I take major advantage of it like I have been today.

The other night when I went to my girlfriend's house, we stopped at the store first and she got me a box of lime Popsicles and I can always eat those. I eat them a box at a time. They only have 6 in the box so I don't think that's too much for one evening although it may look piggish.

I also got a few more plants for my deck. I got another pepper plant, another tomato plant and a basil plant. After I make dinner and clean the kitchen, I'm going to go out back and put them all in planters. Sometime this year, I should be able to have a lot of vegetables out there. I already have spices that I use. I have one chive plant that I've had for three years. I don't know how, but somehow, it seems to last the winter in my kitchen window sill. When it was given to me, it was almost totally dead. It only had one or two living blades on it but it still survived that winter and I've been eating fresh chives ever since.

I got an email from Rick today saying that his grandfather passed away. He's being nicer to me now than he was for the last two years of our marriage. I don't understand him at all. Oh well.

His youngest son has moved from Virginia to Montana to live with Rick. I asked him if his son wouldn't miss his daughter too much and he said that the mother wasn't letting him see her anyway. As bad as that is, the boy's own mother is siding with his ex-wife and I think that's hideous. She has always treated her sons poorly. When we were paying child support for her kids, she had kicked them both out of her house yet she still was able to take the child support. When we first got married, we had both of the boys living with us. She didn't give us a dime the entire time. One day she had a hissy fit and took them back. We never went to court to get the custody changed so when she took them back, she was able to go to court to get Rick to pay the back child support for the entire time that we had them. She is one of the most hideous mothers that I have ever seen in my life. She took the child support and never bought the boys any clothes.

We bought them clothes and sent them home but they would still wear stuff that you couldn't have sold at a flea market when they came to our house on the weekends. One day the youngest was wearing a rope around his pants instead of a belt and we were going to take the kids all out to dinner. I told Rick that we needed to buy them some more clothes because I would be embarrassed to take him out in public the way he was dressed. We didn't realize that he was standing where he could hear us and he walked into the room and said, "I'd be embarrassed to go out in public like this." I felt so bad for those boys. We ended up just buying them clothes to keep at our place so we could dress them properly when we had them. She has a daughter from another man and the daughter always had decent clothes, but for some reason, the woman seemed to really dislike her own sons. She seems to still dislike them and that's such a shame. She never asked the daughter's father for a dime. Her name is Diana Callahan and she lives in Roanoke, Virgina. If you know her or her husband Donny, you should let them know that you think they treat thier boys badly.

Well, that's about all I can think of right now. I have to clean the kitchen now so that I can mess it up again because I'm having some male companionship this evening. I hope he brings me some Popsicles!

See ya!

Meg

3 Comments:

Blogger Karin's Korner said...

Meg,
My husbands X is exactly the same way. We have the children every other weekend and EVERY time we pick them up they both look like a couple of rag-o-muffins. The girl is 9, she has incredible hair but you would not know it until after she is at our house, taken a shower and I sit and brush her hair for at least 30 minutes. Now, I know, she is 9 and should be able to brush her own hair and she does, except that her hair is very long and very thick so she does not always get the underside of it. Now, I should tell you that her mother teaches at the same school she attends so you would think that she would make just a little effort to have her child dressed neatly and have her hair brushed. The son is 12 and he just throws on any old thing, Most the time he does not match and he always looks like he has not had a shower for a few days. Neither one brush their teeth when they are at their mothers. We now have them for 6 weeks for the summer and the first thing we did was make appointments at the dentist for them. Sometimes you just want to look at her and tell her "Shame on you".

June 21, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Karin,

Exactly. It's one thing if they can't afford to buy the clothing, but quite another when they just don't do it. And there is NO excuse for the hair brushing thing. 9 is NOT old enough to take complete responsibilty for her own hair. If she can't handle it and the mother won't, it should be cut so that she can handle it. Once, the boy's mother took them for a haircut (one of the very few times that we didn't do it) and she sllowed them to have lightning bolts shaved into the sides of their head. then, she didn't go back and have anything sone to it so it grew out in a hideous way. I tried to give the yunger boy a haircut once and it was so long that the hair fell over the clipers so I didn't see that I was gouging a huge bald spot in his head! Try to explain that the wicked step mother did THAT on accident! (To this day, I don't know if any believed me.)

You would think that they would be shamed into taking care of the kids just by seeing the way they were dropped off compared to the way they were when we took them home. But, she had no shame. It's awful that it continues to this day. Can you imagine what kind of self esteem those kids have? No wonder Rick's yungest married a 40 something year old woman when he was 19. As odd as the yung man was, the 40 something year old woman was odder. She has jet black hair and her skin is pasty white, She looks like an anorexic Elvira.

A normal mother would have felt more maternal to the boy, even (especially?) after that marriage...but she just sided with the wife so that she could see the grand baby. I don't know why the wife sides with the mother, she tried to get custody of the baby once...from them both! I know her, she would have loved to have taken that baby so that she could go after them for child support.

Thank God for Karma! I have such total faith in Karma that I feel peaceful, no matter how nasty people act.

Meg

June 21, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Damn!

I can spell YOUNGER. I can't believe that I spelled the same word wrong twice in a row. Oh well. If there is anyway to correctc mispelled words in a comment I don't know what it is.

Meg

June 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home