.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

I've met so many neat people...

...on this thing. Most recently, I've been communicating with a guy in England who helped me get the comments back and he has created a new template for the blog. (He has a blog as well, on my link list, Preston Lancashire.)

We're trying to figure out how to get the new template up and still include the entire blog, comments and all. He's very creative and you'll like the new template...he came up with some really cute designs for it and I can't wait to get it up and running. He searched for some pictures that would be appropriate for the theme of the blog and he did a great job choosing them. I'm continually amazed at what some people are able to do with a computer. The computer classes that I took when I was in college are so outmoded compared to what they can do now. Nothing that I learned in school would apply today.

I heard on the news that they have decided not to prosecute that nut, Cynthia McKinney. That's no big shock to me, I knew they wouldn't. You have to commit some horrific crime to be prosecuted as a member of congress or the Kennedy family. Actually, I don't know what it would take to see a Kennedy prosecuted.

All that incident did was ensure her re-election and that's sad for her constituents. She will be re-elected because she is "one of the downtrodden". Wouldn't it be great for her district if she did something productive for them instead? Maybe she could bring jobs out there, or lower taxes, anything at all to actually make life better for the people who live in her area. I think that it's despicable that a representative of the people would manipulate her neighbors and the sad incident in order to benefit no one but herself.

McKinney certainly isn't alone in that group. Denny Hastert is no Albert Schweitzer himself. But that bum is the Speaker of the House. I see no end in sight to this pathetic state of affairs. People seem to vote for those with whom they feel aligned as though they were nothing more than a baseball team. I don't know how it got this way.

Now the administration is talking about partitioning Iraq. When in the world did that ever work? It didn't work in Germany, Palestine, Korea, Viet Nam...I could go on for a long time mentioning countries that have tried to partition warring factions and it hasn't worked one time. Who said "Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it"? We don't even wait for anyone to forget things anymore, we just repeat the same idiotic actions over and over again.

What a lovely country. You can go to jail for a dirty urine, but smacking a cop is OK as long as you were elected to smack the cop. Maybe I could run for office on a true Green Ticket and then I would HAVE to smoke marijuana...maybe even blow some smoke in a cop's face. Whatever.

I'm annoyed. I spent most of yesterday heaving, I couldn't even hold water down. Today I'm afraid to eat. Even if I had an appetite, I would just start worshipping the porcelain throne but I'm afraid to take the legal medicine that the doctor prescribed for me to take.

I'm just getting more annoyed. Thank goodness that I can take my Xanax. Otherwise I'd feel like I should smack whomever made these stupid laws and I wouldn't get away with that.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home