.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Alrighty then...

..I'm getting ready to leave for Florida! I have to call the probation officer to let them know when I'm leaving and then I'll be on my way. I've made a huge cooler full of sandwiches and stuffed it full of blue ice so I will have plenty of food. Now all I have to do is wait for my ride to finish some work and head over to my house. I hope he's in a good mood. I'd hate to be locked up in a car for 8 hours with an asshole.

By dinner time, I'll be watching palm trees swaying in the breeze. I like that. Did you know that palm trees are actually grass? I learned that somewhere. If you look at a palm tree for a while, you can see the family connection. I don't know how much free time I'll have to enjoy palm trees...my father can keep me very busy when he isn't trying to. I think he's gonna put effort into making me work this visit. Now he's talking about trying to take the woman home with him instead of to a nursing home and I don't think that's a good idea at all. If that is what he decides to do...I'll have to set up some sort of home health care because my father can't handle her alone. He shouldn't have to when she can afford to pay someone who's trained to help people.

But, trying to advise two old people isn't the easiest thing in the world to do. To them, you're still just a kid and there's a lack of respect for my education and experience when it comes to my own family. It's annoying because at work, people defer to my judgment all the time so when parents have a hard time with that...it can make you want to throw up your hands in disgust.

Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do. And I have to go and figure out some way for those two to live together without anyone getting hurt.

Well, my ride is here so I'm gonna have to run. The next time I write at you...I'll be in Tampa. I wonder what day it is there?

See ya!

Meg

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"at work, people defer to my judgment all the time"

You've got a job now?

July 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home