.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hello...

...I had something to say but I forgot what it was. As I was getting ready to begin writing, my father called me and now I've totally forgotten what I had planned on saying. I really, really hate when that happens. That's one of the reasons I couldn't smoke pot and write...I would have an idea but forget it before I found a pen and paper. I guess getting older is sort of like being high all the time. You just seem to get stupider. I know I have.

It's not too bad yet, I can still see senility in other people so I'm not that far gone. But...I certainly don't perform as quickly on Jeopardy as I once did.

A few years ago I had brain surgery and right after the surgery, I forgot a bunch of words. I couldn't recall the name of a cup to save my life. Then, I started to sing Happy Birthday to my niece on the phone and I forgot the words. I forgot the words to the Happy Birthday Song. I was that stupid. I guess itll be big things like that that'll get me...it won't be stuff like losing my train of thought...I did that when I was 24. It was just a whole lot cuter when I was 24. Now I'm just a stupid old lady. Oh well.

I won't worry too much about my mind until my cats outnumber my dogs. That's a bad sign. You can pretty much judge a woman's irritability level by the number of cats that she has. If she doesn't have an offsetting number of dogs...too many cats is never good. A woman can have two cats and be OK. But anything more than that (unless, that is, she has a husband who by some freak of nature loves the cats as much as she does. If so, all bets are off.) and a man would be well served by scouting things out for a while.

Getting involved with a woman who has more than three cats is just asking for trouble. Sort of like the tourist in Beirut...you volunteered, buddy. Only there won't be any flotilla of boats steaming to your rescue.

If you're already involved with a woman who has more than three cats...SUCKER!!! AND...if you stood by and LET a woman accumulate more than three cats in your home, you deserve what you get. It takes a lot of dogs to make up for 4 cats.

OH! I remembered what I was going to tell you...I'm going to Florida tomorrow...DUH! My dad's call totally blew it out of my mind that I was going to Florida to help my dad out. What a nit wit. Anyway, Yep, I'm leaving the state...legally.

I called the probation officer and I have to call to let them know exactly when I leave and then I'll be on my way. My father needs help getting my step mother into a nursing home and I can help him with that. I guess we'll have to take care of all of her stuff as well. Poor dad. He had someone to take care of, now he'll be all alone again. I hate that. And I'm stuck in Gogia. Forgetting stuff. That's not good. But, being with my father should make me feel much better. I already listen to the same story a few times over again. That's sort of freaky because my kids accuse me of the same thing.

Yikes.

Alrighty then, I'm going to finish my laundry and pack for my little trip. I will check in with you guys before I leave unless ABSOLUTELY NOTHING happens between now and then.

Good night,

Meg

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

any word on the rumor that the "that girl emily" blog is fake??

I just read that on another website, and was wondering if you heard anything...If you read through the blog, it all just seems so "convenient" as to how it plays out...

July 19, 2006  
Blogger Jaded said...

Have a safe trip, Meg.

And I was wondering the same thing about the "Emily" blog. My first thought was that it was a fake. Then I felt guilty about that, 'cause many women have to deal with situations like that. I didn't want to diminish her pain if she was real...

But still...something doesn't sit right with me. Any thoughts?

July 19, 2006  
Blogger Jay said...

I saw the LA billboard mentioned on the news last night, but fell asleep before they did the story. I'm curious how many there are.

I'm guessing the whole thing is a teaser for a book or movie.

Jay

July 19, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Well, one way or another...I've been fascinated. We all want to belive people who appeal to our empathies. Why wouldn't we? Who would make that up? Don't be too hard on us...we're just not quite as Jaded and Opinionated as we think we are:)

Meg

July 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course it is fake. Viral advertising and I think it sucks. Especially to use something like a husband cheating.

July 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course it is fake, viral advertising. I think it is crap, especially to use a supposed cheated on woman for laughs or attention. Women who have been cheated on would agree it is not in the least bit humorous.

July 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno....
been there. done that. and to live through "Emily" is sweet! tang my mouth, make me pucker up, sweet!

July 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left a comment, cant find it now.

I dont think "emily" is faking.

Would "It" really make a good movie? Book?

Really now, you're reading all about it for free. You didnt pay 6 bux to get in here (her/Meg's blog) did you?

Let her be. Let "emily" get her marriage* on.

I've been there, but NEVER had "emily's" balls. Good for her.

* Steve-O

July 19, 2006  
Blogger Anne Arky said...

So what if it IS fake? She didn't ask for money or scam anybody, and probably the most any of us spent on it is our time and our sympathy. I didn't sign a "thou shalt not write fiction" agreement when I started my blog, and I don't think there's a law that anybody else had to, either. Mind you, mine isn't fiction, but only because it isn't.

July 20, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I've been cheated upon and lied to over and over again. If I didn't make jokes about it, I would have to cry. So, there isn't any truth to the comment about victims of adultery not making jokes about the bum and the bitch. Not only have I made jokes here about my cheater, I've used his cheating ways and the bullshit that I went through in my stand up and it's gotten great receptions. So, there most certainly IS humor anywhere...but you have to look for it. If you'd rather find misery...that's not tough at all. Just please, please...keep it to yourself...misery may love company...but that love is unrequited.

Meg

July 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home