.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Good morning!

This morning I got up too early, 4 AM. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't go back to sleep until I remembered that I went to sleep at 7 PM. Anyway, it's a good thing because if I can get a ride today, I'm going to spend the day putting in applications for jobs.

Of course, that means that I have to get all gussied up and I hate that. I don't mind primping, I actually like to play with my make up. I'll post a picture of me after I went overboard playing with make up a while back. I don't even mind fixing my hair although it's getting a bit long and unruly. But putting on panty hose and a dress just makes me so damned uncomfortable. Suits aren't any better. I worry about wrinkling them the entire time I'm wearing the stupid things.

I'm used to uniforms, they don't bother me but you can't apply for a job in one. I'm one of those old-fashioned nurses who still wears white. I don't wear a cap because they leave bald spots on the top of your head.

Everywhere I've ever worked, there's always been one old nurse who still wears her cap and she always has a big old bald spot. Now I'm just the old nurse who still wears white.

I like to be able to bleach my uniforms as soon as I get home because I'm sure they're covered with cooties of some sort. I don't even put them in with my dirty clothes. Another thing, if you get a confused patient, especially an old one, you can ask them what color you're wearing and then ask, "Who wears white?" and they realize that you are a nurse so they calm down a bit.

A lot of things have changed since I became a nurse. We couldn't even wear clear nail polish because it "harbors micro-organisms". But nowadays, nurses come to work with long, long fake nails colored purple. Those nails give the wearer fungus, what would they do to a patient? So, when I work, I keep my nails trimmed to the quick and free of nail polish. That's a bitch because my nails are so hard that they grow forever so I have nails that are so long that these days that everyone assumes they're fake.

I have a couple of things left to do with my probation stuff, other than paying them. I have to finish the drunk classes (which have actually turned out to be fun...useless, but fun) and I have to take some driver's course which after thinking about it for a while, has GOT to be a waste of time and money. I've been driving since 1974 and I haven't been in any wrecks, just a couple of fender benders when I first started driving. I know you aren't supposed to speed or drink and drive, other than a punishment, there isn't anything that they can teach me. I bet you anything that I'll go there and find that I've been driving since before the instructor was in diapers. I'll go along with the actual punishment, but the class is just dumb and a way for someone to make money and I'm sure that they give a huge chunk of it to the municipality that referred the "pupils". I'd rather just give the cash directly to the sate and not go to the class. But, whatever. I'll do what I have to.

I watched the Space Shuttle launch yesterday, praying the whole time. I hope that they get back OK. I would love to see one of them launch and I would have gone yesterday if I could have found a ride. I just don't know many people who would want to drive me to the middle of Florida to watch 3 minutes worth of a launch and then drive back. I'll get there sooner or later.

Oh, I've decided to go ahead and get that medicine, the Marinol. I haven't been able to keep anything down except my lime popsicles and those aren't meant to sustain life. I feel so weak from not eating that I give...I'm going to pick it up today. I started to yesterday, but they were closed for the holiday. I was going to wait until after my next meeting but I just feel so badly. So, I'm going to take them. If they put me in jail for something that I have a prescription for, I will be one bitch on rampage. I won't stop until I own this town. So, when I go to the meeting next Tuesday, and I don't come back, you'll know why.

I will most definitely call the press. I'm sure that a cancer patient being jailed for taking medicine would be a good human interest story. As a matter of fact, I think I'll call a reporter friend of mine before I go to let them know what's going on and then if I AM jailed, they will have all of the information already.

In case I do go, I'll post the address of the jail on this thing so that someone can write me. I felt like the red headed step child last time, not one letter. Boo hoo.

OK, I'm off to primp and put on panty hose. Blech.

See ya!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home