.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I'M BA-ACK!!!

It was an absolutely lovely meeting. The only things missing were tea and crumpets.

When my turn came, my PO took me back to her office...they don't always do that, sometime you just go to the lady at the front desk and she takes your money. But, every so often, you get "called back to the office". Today, I did. It's a dreadfully ominous feeling to walk down the hall to the "office".

She was as charming as she could be and she treated me with the utmost respect. She asked if I had any new medicines and I handed her the Marinol bottle. We discussed it and after a few minutes, we both were curious as to how a drug screen would turn out. So, she asked for a test and I gladly obliged because I was as curious as she was. So, then, I filled the cup for her, in front of her no less. And, by the way, she didn't charge me for it because it was just to see what would happen so it didn't cost me a dime.

My pee was almost water clear. After going to the dentist, I had a lot of cold water for a couple of reasons, but I didn't think I drank so much it would be clear. At first, I was a tad concerned. But, then she took a re-agent stick used to detect adulterants and things like dilution and stuck it in there. It came back totally normal, even my specific gravity was normal which means that I didn't dilute it by drinking too much, it was just clear for some reason. So, I was fine.

I asked her if we could do it again sometime when I HADN'T had so much water to drink. We'll see about that.

Anyway, then I told her about my father and how I may have to go to Florida at the drop of a hat to help him with his ex who is quite ill. She said just to let her know. We chatted about my kids and drug abuse in general. She told me that people actually try to adulterate their urine "everyday". I can't believe people would be so stupid. Whatever.

Then, I forked over $200 and out the door I walked. All in all, it was a very pleasant meeting. So, basically, I was worried for nothing. I DO have the prescription and I can safely continue taking the Marinol. All is right with the world.

You don't know what a weight this is off of my shoulders. I was really worried that the test would be positive for THC and they would jail me until I could prove otherwise. It was "faintly" positive, by the way. And, according to my PO, any "faint" or questionable result goes in favor of the defendant. So, I learned that. I had seen a guy say he had a "faint" result and at that time, he didn't know what they were going to do about it and was waiting to find out. I never found out the answer to that question until today.

The lady was truly kind and I couldn't be more pleased at this point. She knew that I had tried to call the State's Attorney to find out what to do about the medicine. I told her that I didn't get it filled for a couple of weeks because I was going to wait and ask her. But, I was getting too weak and that's when I called the State's Attorney to ask what to do. They referred me back to probation who told me at one point that I wasn't allowed to call so I just trusted in the doctor's order and took the medicine. And, it works.

So, with all of my new found feeling of freedom, I'm going to make myself a nice dinner that I can eat because of the Marinol. It'll be soft though, because I started out my day having a hunk of tooth pulled. It's ending much, much better than it began.

See ya!

Meg

5 Comments:

Blogger Karin's Korner said...

Yipee Yipee Yeah !!!!

I am so glad that things turned out for you. What a wonderful feeling you must have right now, knowing that you can take your medicine and everything will be alright.

The power of prayer...it works every time.

July 11, 2006  
Blogger Cadley Dad said...

Glad your free Meg,
I was going on hunger strike for you!

July 11, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Thank you all so much...YES! It is a great feeling to be able to take the medicine without worrying. And...no hunger strikes! Me avoiding one was what started this thing! I'm glad you guys are out there! If I ever DO go, it's good to know that I have such sweet people out there in the world somewhere!

Meggers

July 11, 2006  
Blogger Anne Arky said...

I went on line last night long enough to find out you were okay. Wish you could see me doing the "Meg's not in the slammer!" happy dance! I'm so glad this worked out. You were due for a stroke of good luck. I have to admit that when I heard the news this morning that a Cobb County inmate was back in custody, I sure was glad to know that it wasn't you! (Somebody wandered off from a work detail somewhere.) I'm glad you are going to be able to take your medicine with a clear conscience, not to mention a clear urine sample!

Anne

July 12, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I was just thinking about calling you...I'll call you later girl. If I had been lucky enough to get a work detail in that oring facility, I would never walk off of it. Well, not unless Jude Law wandered by anyway.

Meg

July 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home