.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

OK...

....I'm back from the dentist. They pulled out a huge root that was left behind by an incompetent dentist. They also found that the tooth had been root canalled as well! I have no idea how that could still cause so much pain, but it did. I saw the x-ray and the hunk of tooth, about 6 mm. long and 3 wide. With my luck, I'll be having phantom tooth pain next.

Anyway, my boyfriend has been spoiling me all day. He took the day off to come over and drive me to all of these places. This morning, all I could eat was a milk shake so he went to MacDonald's and had them make one before they usually start making them. Now, he's going to take me to get that Whopper and an order of onion rings for what may be my last meal. What a doll he is.

I won't leave any of my blog buddies hanging...I have to be at the probation meeting before 3:30 and it could take anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. I should be back by 6 PM EST. If I'm not, you can assume that I'm locked up. The best case scenario, of course, is that I sleep in my own bed tonight. Next best is that they lock me up until they send the urine to a lab to prove that I swallowed prescribed pills and didn't smoke any wacky tobacky. The worst case is that they revoke my probation and I serve the rest of my time which should be about two months. The upside there is that I won't have to pay anymore of the fines and I won't have to go to the drunk meetings or the driving class.

I'm a bit nervous, I must say. But, they won't hurt me...not unless I spend anytime in the infirmary. Barring that, the worst part of it all is the brutal boredom. They have about 200 romance novels which I cannot abide. I read the two decent books quickly and stared at a long piece of toilet paper hanging from the rafters the rest of the time, trying to figure out how it got up there and why it didn't fall down. I posted the address over the weekend and if you could write to me, that'd be great. Not only would I have something to read, I would also have someone to write back to. If you could, print out something interesting from the internet for me to read as well. That's what I do for the lady with whom I am still corresponding. If she's still there, I will have a friend. But in her last letter to me, she said that everyone else that was there when I was had gone, either home, to another county or to prison. So, I won't know anyone but her.

My boyfriend has promised to keep a bunch of cash on my books so I should be good there. I can order from the commissary once a week and I'll get paper, envelopes and stamps so that I can write back to those who write to me. And, I promise to do that.

As I told my daughter and my father, don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Just remember me and check back on the blog every so often so you know when I get back. I'm sure I'll have some very interesting stories to tell when I do!

Now I'm going to wash the last load of dirty clothes, clean my kitchen and spend some time with my animals before I leave. Of course, I'll hug my boyfriend a LOT for a good while as well since I will be void of human contact for a long time should I end up incarcerated.

I want to thank the people who have been worrying for me and let you know that it makes my heart warm to know that there are people out there who do care. That makes my situation tolerable and means more than you could know. So, here's hoping that I'm back soon! I will absolutely come straight to the computer if I am free so that no one will worry any longer than they have to. If I can't do that, I'll have someone else post the news for me.

OK, now I'm off to take care of a few things before I leave for the meeting. So, check back after 6 and you'll know what's happened. Thanks again and have a great day!

See ya!

Meg

PS Once again, the address is:

Cobb County Jail
Margaret Kelso
L Pod
PO Box 100110
Marietta, Ga. 30061

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne Arky said...

Call me, one way or another. You know you can call collect if need be.

July 11, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Anne,

Absolutely. Could you email me your home number? I know I have it on the puter but I want to be sure to be able to tell someone where to find it if I don't have it when I get there...IF I get there!

Love you,

meg

July 11, 2006  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

Meg-
Good Luck to you girlfriend. I am glad that your boyfriend is with you today and I am praying that you will not have to go to jail. I will check back all night long if I have to. It sure will be a sad sad couple of months if you are not here to blog.
Well, I guess only time will tell. God Bless

July 11, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Whew! Now, if I can just keep on coming up with stuff to say! I bet I can.

Meg

:):):)

July 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home