.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, July 24, 2006

OK...

...just as the helicopters were buzzing overhead and the canine police were asking for an article of her clothing, the phone rang. The sheriff's department in the next county, Pinellas, found her at least 5 miles down the road. I know it's at least 5 miles because the cops said that the county line is that far away.

I have no idea how she got that far...but she did.

Now, how the heck can I leave town knowing that my father is caring for a lady who doesn't know any better than to walk out the door while he's sleeping and wander aimlessly throughout town?

There's a thing called an alpha-watch that you put on people's wrists and when they get close to the door, the door locks and an alarm goes off. I think that they should get one of those if they insist on keeping her out of a nursing home. I know it's tough to put someone that you care about in a nursing home, but there are times when it's the only responsible thing to do.

This has been a fun morning. I'm just glad that they found her before she made the evening news. And, if those helicopters had been up for much longer, she would have made the noon news for sure.

Now, I have no idea what we're going to do with her. I don't even think that home health is any good because unless you have someone to sit and watch her around the clock, it would be useless. So, now I'm back to square one with her.

OK, now I'm going to have a cup of coffee before my dad gets back with her. Then, I guess we'll just resume the little war that we have between the old people who think that it's not that hot in Florida and the younger people who hate to sweat. The AC is on, but I don't know how long it will stay on.

See ya soon,

Meg

2 Comments:

Blogger Karin's Korner said...

I am so glad that she has been found Meg. There is nothing scarier then a missing child or elderly person. I wish I had some advise for you but I just don't know what I would do in that kind of situation. Don't you kinda wish (deep down inside) that you could put a leash on them so that you know just how far they could go haha. Keep your chin up, I am sure that there will be more stories before you get to come home again.

July 24, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Hi Shara,

Yes, I'd be happy to post a link to your blog. I can't do it right now because of the computer that I'm using but I'll leave this one here and when I get home...I'll post it up to my link list. I should be home within the next day or two.

Meg

July 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home