.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Don't know what you got 'til its gone.

Ain't that the truth. It's too bad that we can't go back in time and change one silly little thing that totally changed the path of our lives for the worse. If I would have simply stayed home the night that I met Rick, or even trusted my first instinct regarding him, I would be somewhere else right now. I'll never know because we can't ever go back.

Someone, somewhere will meet their own Rick this very week and they have no clue that it's about to happen. YIKES!!! All I had to do was trust my own first instinct and BOOM...I'd be happy toady. Of course, I don't know that for sure...it's entirely possible that I would have met some wonderful man who would have been driving me around and we would have been hit by a drunk driver and Rick was God's way of saving my life. So, I can't be too upset about this mess.

I think about things like that when stupid things happen to me. As bad as something might be, it could have been a much, much worse situation if the hideous thing hadn't happened. When I get lost and end up driving thirty miles out of my way, I think that if I hadn't gotten lost, I could have been in a car accident that would have left me in much worse condition then Rick left me in.

Things are never as bad as we think they are. Today I heard that a family lost two sons in two seperate motorcycle accidents in one day. The first son was killed in a motorcycle accident and then the second son was riding his bike to the scene and he was killed as well. When I hear about things like that, I can't complain...my children are all healthy.

Life is so fleeting...and we are all so delicately placed here. So many people define happiness with dollar signs and money has nothing to do with being happy. It sure as hell makes life a lot easier to get through, but I'd rather be broke and have my children all healthy then to have a winning lottery ticket and have something wrong with my kids. My heart is absolutely breaking for those parents.

Meg

3 Comments:

Blogger kissmekate said...

Ahhhh but you would not be the person that you are today or have the wisdom that you do.

August 07, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yeah...this life of mine surely has been a learning experience. I never know what will happen when I wake up in the morning and I can barely wait to find out. It's always so very interesting.

:):):)

August 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg,

You're right, the mistress is very insecure. If she were happy with Kellys husband, she woulldn't feel the need to abuse kelly like this. You really hit the nail on the head.

August 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home