.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, November 17, 2006

ANOTHER POST THAT IS 100% MY OPINION

Well...

...isn't this comment interesting:

YO THIS IS PAUL JR PAULS SON, UNDERSTAND THIS NOW MY FATHER IS NOT A KILLER. I THOUGHT U WAS FAMILY SO WHY U TALKING BAD ABOUT MY FATHER. YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO RESPECT PEOPLE YOU D*CKHEAD!!!!!

If that was Paul the Murderer's son, I have never met him so he shouldn't consider me family. I certainly don't think of him as family. I suppose the commentator will be back...the freaks rarely come once, have their say and leave. They usually come back over and over again and leave stupid comments like this one.

Naturally, I called the police over that one. And, with the StatCounter thing that I have, I know the IP of the computer that this comment came from because the time is on the email that the comment came in. Anyway, so much for murderers and the psycho's they surround themselves with.

I finally got home after stopping at Walgreen's to get 3 prescriptions filled. I almost got 2 of mine and one belonging to Pamela Keller. One of the prescriptions wouldn't scan so the pharmacist went back to get a new print-out. Before she came back, I noticed that one of the prescriptions wasn't mine. That's why it wouldn't scan...the computer was trying to tell her that she fucked up. But she was bound and determined to override that built in, potentially life saving protection. I pointed out the wrong name and she apologized profusely. I felt for her, it could have happened to anyone.

One of the hospitals that I work at has the medicine right there in the room. You carry a key around and it opens all the drawers in the cabinet next to the bed. That's a good idea. They don't keep narcotics in there, or IV drugs. They actually have a lot of drugs in the Pyxis which is a computerzed drug delivery system that has the good stuff and extremely commonly used medications like Tylenol, Phenergan and most antibiotics. But the patient has most of his innocuous medications right there in the room. That makes for a decreased likelihood of giving the wrong drug to a patient. It's actually a good idea, I think they should keep all the meds except the narcotics in there.

They could never keep the narcotics in the patient's room, the Patient Contolled Analgesia machines mostly have cracks in them from where people have tried to bust into them. It's a shame. None of the other IV pumps are busted up like those PCA pumps are. It's amazing how many people are lying in hospital beds sucking up pain medicine.

Over the past 10 years, I've seen more people getting a kick out of drugs when they're in the hospital. There are people who go from hospital to hospital, complaining of things that will get them a LOT of pain medicine. Even little old ladies are enjoying their Darvocet a bit too much. I never saw that happen 25 years ago. The doctors didnt' give out so much good stuff either. They might have written an order for 75 mgs. of Demerol, but it would have been a shot in the ass, not in the IV. I've seen more than one order for that lately. I was amazed. I got 50 mgs. when I was in labor and I was in LaLa land...I can't imagine what 75 would do. I doubt that those doctors ever had a good dose of IV Demerol or they wouldn't be so free with it.

Oh well, what can you do? I guess they started getting sued for people being in pain and now they've gone a bit overboard at times. Whatever.

Well, I should go to bed, I didn't get out of work until after 9 but last night and tonight I'm on overtime because I worked Sunday, Monday and Wednesday, 12 hours plus paperwork time which was easily 40 hours so I'll have 2 nights on time and a half.

OK then, I should go to sleep so that I can work tonight without being exhausted before midnight.

Ciao,

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont understand these freaks. Why do they have the need to cyber stalk and curse people out?? People died fighting for this country so that we can exercise free speech.

If the freak doesn't like your opinion, let him stay out of the blog.

November 17, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

You should have been here before I could moderate the comments. There were people who would come here daily and say, "All you ever write about is yourself. How self centered." Well yeah, I write about myself...who the hell else would I write about? You see what happens when I talk about other people. Oh well, ce lest vie.

I'm awake again and ready to shower and start all over again. Then, I'm out of this area for a couple of days and I'm going to do some well deserved resting...somewhere far away.

See ya later!

Meg

November 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home